Forest

Started by lonewolf, March 05, 2008, 07:47:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightning

i think the darkness adds to the realism of the picture :)

lonewolf

Quote from: ghotir on March 05, 2008, 06:39:48 PM
I think you should do something else with the terrain that is seen peaking through on the lower left.  It looks like a desert right outside the forest.  Just changing the color to green would help a lot.

I noticed that too. I was actually hoping it wouldn't be visable as the terrain I generated was only around 1000m sq. Considering the time spent rendering, I probably wont visit it again until the next release when I can use multiple cores. I would probable change or remove the grass populations too, as these ended up looking like lines in the distant undergrowth. I would like to do a jungle or rainforest scene, but this might be put on the backburner too (or designed and rendered later).

Iain

old_blaggard

Very nice job overall!  The point of view is nice, and the ambient light adds a lot to the scene.  Well done :).
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

FrankB

The full-size version is really great! The image looses alot when viewed at smaller sizes.
If anything I'd suggest to have less groundcover - let the soil shine through every here and there.

Cheers,
Frank

Matt

Quote from: Cyber-Angel on March 05, 2008, 09:55:12 AM
the only thing missing is the dappled sunlight (Some thing missing for TG2 at the moment)

Dappled sunlight is simply a consequence of the sun having surface area and shining through small gaps in the leaves. There is no reason that can't also be simulated in TG2 with soft shadows enabled, as long as you use enough soft shadow samples. What many people tend to overlook is the need to increase camera exposure (or sunlight intensity; either will do in TG2) to render these effects similar to how they usually appear in photographs.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

sjefen

Nice one.
Personally I think it's a little to dark.
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB