Forest

Started by lonewolf, March 05, 2008, 07:47:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lonewolf

Here is my latest image. Took way too long to render (bring on the beta  :)), has 8 populations which turned out alright.

Iain

sonshine777

Very nice, a little dark but the layout is well done. What type of plant is your ground cover in the foreground?

Seth

very very nice one !
it's dark but i like it this way

rcallicotte

This is pretty nice, actually.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

dhavalmistry

yea a little on dark side but very good!
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Cyber-Angel

For the density of the canopy I would say that is looks fine I have been to woodland in the UK that looks much like this, the only thing missing is the dappled sunlight (Some thing missing for TG2 at the moment) other than that I like this image, well done.  ;D

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel   

mr-miley

Very nice. I don't think it's too dark at all, like cyber-angel said, on a bright sunny day, late afternoon (in the UK anyway) this is about spot on
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

inkydigit

thumb seems darker...larger one seems over saturated(maybe)...still excellent and agree with CA and Miles!

Tangled-Universe

Saw this at work on a crappy monitor so decided to wait until I was back at home :)

I think this is a very good image. It is indeed a bit dark but somehow I just like it and I don't want it to be lighter.
The groundcover looks very nice :)

@ C-A: what do you mean by dappled? my dictionary doesn't help me :p

lonewolf

Thanks everyone. The image did render quite dark, but when I opened the EXR in FDR Tools it seemed quite bright. I might have to try a different program for playing with EXR images. At home here I have 2 monitors on my computer, an LCD and a CRT, so I try to get a good image on both, the CRT being the darker of the 2.

@sonshine777: The ground cover is mostly variations of a model from Ashunder made by Chris Stein. I used ground cover 2 and 4.

I am really glad it worked out well considering it took 133hrs to render. I really need a new computer! Rendered at 3000x2250 detail 0.85 GI samples 9 everything else normal. I have a P4 with 1Gig ram.

lonewolf

inkydigit

the linked larger version is much better!

ghotir

I think you should do something else with the terrain that is seen peaking through on the lower left.  It looks like a desert right outside the forest.  Just changing the color to green would help a lot.

Cyber-Angel

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on March 05, 2008, 01:53:24 PM
Saw this at work on a crappy monitor so decided to wait until I was back at home :)

I think this is a very good image. It is indeed a bit dark but somehow I just like it and I don't want it to be lighter.
The ground cover looks very nice :)

@ C-A: what do you mean by dappled? my dictionary doesn't help me :p

Dappled (adj) meaning spotted or mottled [Middle English, probably from Old Norse depill, spot, splash, diminutive of dapi, pool.]

I hope that definition helps Tangled-Universe, put Dappled Sunlight into Google Images and your will soon understand what I mean. 

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel