Welsh poppy field V2

Started by mr-miley, March 26, 2008, 07:27:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr-miley

Version 2. Added the pylons and tweaked the lighting as per calicos suggestions. This was from an exr and had the exposure tweaked just a bit.

Miles
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

rcallicotte

Oh, this looks pretty real.  The posts closest to us need a little more roughed-up appearance.  If these are reflective steel, that could have been accomplished in the texture before TG2.  So...picky me.   ;D  I like it a lot; especially the lighting.  Well done.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

mr-miley

Calico.
Ta, glad you like it  ;D I know what you mean about the pylon posts. The problem I have is that the pylon model (I had it of the inter web thingy) is all one object (except the wires, I added them myself) and I have not been able to separate the individual components so that I can texture them separately. I even had a mate who has 3d studio try to take it appart with no joy, so if I change the texture for the legs, i will blanket change all the textures to this, which is not good  >:( so I'm sort of stuck with it. You are quite right though, it should be rougher and less uniform too.

Ta

miles

rcallicotte

Miles,

You could always (painstakingly) try using Photoshop brushes.  I've seen some for rust and grime, etc.  But, it might not be worth it, unless you want the practice or have a client interested in the end result. 

Nice work, anyway.  Did you use more than one light?

mr-miley

Calico.... I know I could do it in Photoshop (or photopaint or any number of other apps) but I don't think I have te patience to do the masking  :(

I only used the one sun, but I did crank up the soft shadows and increase the soft clip to 2

Miles

Arandil

The poppies need more variation, but other than that this is looking a lot like a photograph ..

sonshine777

Miles,

What format is the tower model? I would be willing to run it through Cinema 4D and give it some texture.

Mr_Lamppost

If you just want to add a little variation to the colour of the pylon you can add a Power Fractal to the material inside TG.

You may want to check the materials on your central tree, you will find that the leafs have the specular value set to 1 which is giving them that unnatural reflective blue sheen. 
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

scott8933

I have some nice pylons, wires and all, if you want. They're big (high poly count), and I tried to make them pretty accurate. The high poly count mostly comes from the wires, but they also have details like the little round insulator thingies and such.

Made in formZ, so I could output in whatever format you prefer.

sonshine777

I'm sure a .obj would be fine. If a .3ds is smaller that would work also. :)
Thanks

scott8933

Here's what they look like; I'll post the parts in the file sharing section. I'll include the "station" at the end, in case anyone wants that.

sonshine777

Nice. :)  I look forward to seeing the parts.  Thanks.

rcallicotte

scott8933

Thank you!

The parts have been posted in the file sharing section.

Quote from: calico on March 27, 2008, 04:42:24 PM
This looks cool, Scott.