Node Organization

Started by Ogre, April 03, 2008, 10:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ogre

I had my "duh" moment for the week and realized after a year of using the program there is an easier way of attaching nodes and groups to a group besides manually editing the xml.  One more though (so I don't have to wait another year to figure it out). Is there a way to NOT have a group show up on the side bar? I don't want my grouped groups showing up there.
"If you find me feeding daisies
please turn my face up to the sky and leave me be watching the moon roll by.
What ever I was it was all because I've been on the town washing the BS down."

-Gordon Lightfoot

rcallicotte

To answer your question, I would have thought the settings for the group would affect this.  I'm not sure what the Special Group or Global Bookmark does.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Ogre

Quote from: calico on April 03, 2008, 10:39:51 AM
To answer your question, I would have thought the settings for the group would affect this.  I'm not sure what the Special Group or Global Bookmark does.

Both seem to have no effect that I can determine. Perhaps a yet undocumented or unimplemented feature.

-Gordon Lightfoot

rcallicotte

Oshyan

I don't think there is currently a way to remove a group from the group list on the left side, but the grouping functionality is generally still in progress.

- Oshyan

PG

I haven't seen any way to remove a group rectangle from the tree but this article might hide some secrets to it. http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=8
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

jo

Hi,

I was just thinking in the last few days that there should be a way to stop groups appearing on the left, and in fact I think new groups should not appear in that list by default.

Regards,

Jo

Ogre

Quote from: PG on April 03, 2008, 05:02:45 PM
I haven't seen any way to remove a group rectangle from the tree but this article might hide some secrets to it. http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=8

Global bookmark (check box): Sets whether the bookmark is global or local. If checked, a bookmark with the name of the new Group is added to the left hand bookmark menu in all node network areas. Otherwise, the bookmark only appears in the node network that contains the Group at the current hierarchical level.

-Gordon Lightfoot

rcallicotte

I wouldn't want to remove a group on the left side.  It's easier to use it that way.  Just want it to work to our benefit. 

Thanks for answering.

DeathTwister

3D Studio Max has a nice feature in Grouping there model and instead of getting rid of the groups, all you need is a button to make them invisable or make them visable. That way you can work in areas and not have them show up in the scene Editor. So just need a on/off button for each node group.  Shouldn't be to hard to make, and then to get them back maybe a show all button to get them back? Works for me /winks.
DT
Maylock Aromy DeathTwister Stansbury
ATOMIX Productions