A question to Lightning...

Started by Marcos Silveira, April 06, 2008, 10:07:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcos Silveira

Hi man,

I've recently downloaded one of your marvellous trees (the Eucaliptus Collina) but when put into TG2 it seems to don't fit correctly in size, what's the height of the tree?? I multiplied by 10 the scale and the tree grew up to the height of +/- 137 m which, I think, is a proper one. I remember you said in another thread that you were supposed to upload many of your plants, if so, were can I find them??? Are they at Ashundar??

Thanx for the excelent work,

Marcos.

cyphyr

137 meters is way too high for any earthly tree ;) St Paul's Cathedral (London) is 113 meters high. If your initial trees size was 13.7 m then your tree is about 40ft tall "in old English", a far more reasonable height, a little taller than your average three story house including roof.
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Marcos Silveira

That's the point, in the pdf within the file there is some little information about the tree and is stated there that "some" Eucaliptus can reach 480 ft in heght or be taller than General Sherman (is that the name of that giant sequoia in California?). But I suspect, as you said, that the tree in reference was not intended to be so high, but wanna be sure of that.
That's what is within the pdf:
"Eucalyptus trees are quick growers and many species reach a great height. Eucalyptus amygdalin is the tallest known tree, specimens attaining as much as 480 feet, exceeding in height even the Californian Big Tree (Sequoia gigantea). Many hold valuable timber, others have valuable oils."

lightning

they were test trees realy (not very good ones)
so im currently xorting out the scale issues at the moment with lamposts scale tgd thing

Marcos Silveira

OK, waiting for the results!!!!! ;D

Marcos Silveira

Would you mind making the Araucária Pinus found in Brazil (I mean Araucaria Angustifolia or Pinheiro-do-Paraná)??? It's very beautiful and different.

Mr_Lamppost

OK a little bit of self promotion but this is the Grid Pack Lightning mentioned:

http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=3766.0

Once you find out how big an object is and what scale factor you need to apply just make a note and you shouldn't have scaling problems again. 
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

Marcos Silveira

Hey, you're late I've already found it. ;D
Thanx for minding (and doing it) anyway !!!

lightning

Quote from: ro-nin on April 06, 2008, 07:04:40 PM
Would you mind manking the Araucária Pinus found in Brazil (I mean Araucaria Angustifolia or Pinheiro-do-Paraná)??? It's very beautiful and different.

what like this?

Marcos Silveira

lightning

cool will give it a go may take a couple of days though school work is mounting up ::)