WIP - Above the Clouds

Started by rmfrase, April 07, 2008, 01:18:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmfrase

A WIP - Sky and Clouds came out exactly as I had hoped, but the terrain detail is a bit "Jaggy" and "Stepped" when zomming at 400%.

Suggestions?
Thefull size image is 8,000 x 4000. 

839.5hrs

Yes, I know it's taken a long time, but this is going on Canvas once detail has increased.

rcallicotte

No suggestions.  Beautiful.

You have surpassed my 700+.  Congratulations.  LOL
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

rmfrase

Thank you for your kind words.  I did however, learn some very Valuable lessons creating this.

1) Get a Battery/Surge Protector incase you have a severe storm (ie: 860 hrs before this was completed,) that causes the lights to blink.  Mine now has a 1-hr supply.

2) Turn OFF Auto-Update and Install of patches. (ie: abt Feb 1st.)

3) Disconnect the computer from the internet so that Windows does not attempt to Download and install Security Patches and a "RESTART" is automatically done. (ie: Feb 1st)

Lessons learned the HARD WAY  >:(  :'(

rcallicotte

Sounds like some good lessons.  I almost quit on mine about halfway through.  But...why?   ;D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

MeltingIce

Definitely would be awesome to see this on canvas, I never really thought of doing that before.  Usually I just get mine printed out on large sheets of paper.  If you are looking for some pointers/critiques though, heres some things that I thought of:

1) The mountain tops seem a little too smooth to be realistic.  Mountains are normally much more jagged and rough.
2) The lighting on the cumulus clouds is beautiful... but the clouds themselves are perhaps a bit too soft looking.
3) The snow line is a bit too straight and obvious, try lowering the coverage a little, increasing the min altitude fuzzy zone, and setting some slope constraints as well (about 50 degrees or so)

Again... just some thoughts.  It really is a beautiful render  :)

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

rmfrase

Thanks for the Critique - that's why I rely on others to see what I sometimes miss.   ;D