Ochre Rocks

Started by Seth, April 10, 2008, 11:01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth

and variation of atmo :

I think i'll use this render to show the atmo and lighting variation in my tuto...

as usual bigger on my blog...

mr-miley

Outstanding. I much prefer the lighting for the second one. Veeeerrrrryyyyy nice  ;D

Miles
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

inkydigit

exquisite render in both cases...I also prefer the 2nd one...golden glow, rocks too are very nice!

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

child@play

nice photo ;)  great job there!
perfection is not when there's nothing more to add, it's reached when nothing more can be left out

NWsenior07

cool renders I like the second one too.

Phylloxera

I am on the buttocks, arms myself falling!

Seth

monks

I like the way you have multiple scale noises and shapes superimposed in the rock forms- that extra mile makes all the difference.

monks

lightning

VERY VERY Realistic!
almost on the the verge of total realism ;D

RedSquare

Phylloxera -   
QuoteI am on the buttocks, arms myself falling!
I'm not sure what he means but I agree with him.  ;D

These are two damn fine renders.  I also join the herd in preferring the second one. Excellent Seth.

FrankB

It's nice, but what spoils it a little for me is the smaller stones growing on the big stones. Is that intentional?
If not, try this:

fake stone              fake stone
----|-----             -----|-----
     |                       |
     -----------|------------|
                |
            Merge Shader

And set the merge shader to "highest". Et voilá, the small stones don't sit on the big stones anymore.

Regards,
Frank

mr-miley

FrankB

Good point, but what I think he is trying for would be where you have small lenses of harder rock suspended in something like a limestone / sandstone matrix, or maybe in a very hard and compact chalk. See http://unifiedworlds.com/LimestoneRockFallBreccia.jpg not a very good example but the best I could find without spending too much time as I'm in work  ;D It would be either refered to as Breccia or conglomerate, in geotechnical terms.

I did also find this... http://www.winona.edu/geology/MRW/mrwimages/cgltswift.jpg a slightly better illustration.

After asking in the office, someone pulled out a perfect example. See below!

Miles

Not wishing to be a pedant or anything, but I do work for a geotechnical site investigation company  ;D
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

Tangled-Universe

Can't believe I missed this one...very very nice renders!
I like the base gritty soil very much, fantastic!
I agree with Frank about the smaller rocks on top of the bigger ones.
Nice lighting as well by the way :)

Martin

rcallicotte

Mr. Miley - COOL!  This helps.  Keep putting in your observations like this for people like me who haven't readily seen some of these sorts of things.

Seth - Did I already say MAGNIFICENT?   ;D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?