TG2 importing TG0.9 worldfile

Started by penang, April 13, 2008, 03:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

penang

Hi ! Dunno if this is the place to ask this question, please tell me if I'm in the wrong place. Thanks !

I just tried out TG2, but having some difficulties that I dunno if anyone had encountered before.

Before I go any further, this declaration: My TG2 is un-registered --- as I say, still trying it out ---

Power up the TG2, try to get it to import worldfile and the terrain file that I did on TG0.9

No luck.

Tried all the buttons and searched the help file.

No luck either.

Question is ---- is it possible to import worldfile and terrain file done in TG0.9 into TG2 ??

If the answer is yes (and if I've missed something that is ridiculously obvious, please forgive my sheer density), please tell me.

Thank you !

PG

You can import the terrain by using the save button on the landscape panel in Terragen 0.9, saving it as a .ter (well it's the only option) then going into TG2, clicking the add terrain button and select heightfield (load file).
it'll then come up with a dialog box to locate the .ter file you saved which it will then import. You'll then need to do some tweaking on the terrain because if it's an unregistered version of TG 0.9 then you'll only have small terrains. Also you can't import atmospheres, but Planetside may be working on this for a later release of TG2.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

Oshyan

As PG stated, you can load Terragen 0.9 .ter format terrain files, but .tgw World Files cannot be loaded. There are simply too many differences between TG 0.9 and TG2 to reliably reproduce a TG 0.9 scene automatically. However TG2 is much more powerful so you should be able to recreate your scene once you learn how TG2 works and then add a lot more to it as well.

- Oshyan