WIP: Canyon River

Started by dhavalmistry, April 13, 2008, 07:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhavalmistry

I thought I would give it a try....

here is what I have come up with so far....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

PG

I like the bulbousity of the rock on the left, looks like there was some volcanic activity a few million years ago, before the canyon was carved.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

Phylloxera

The surface of the rocks on the left is interesting , the rest of the picture is of no interest!

lightning

Quote from: Phylloxera on April 14, 2008, 02:53:13 AM
The surface of the rocks on the left is interesting , the rest of the picture is of no interest!
you couldn't have said it more blunter ;D
nice start dude like the rock displacement :)

dandelO

Quoteyou couldn't have said it more blunter   ;D

That's Phyllo for you! :D

The left is nice, I don't like the displacement stretching on the right though, nice start none the less.

dandelO

You could try using two seperate heightfields instead of the single terrain PFS, then you'd be able to reverse the displacement settings on the right hand side terrain to match the 'bubbled' look of the left... ?
As it is just now, the right bank is being stretched away from the camera in the same direction as the left, not like a river's cut. You could probably still keep the left hand bank by using 'create heightfield from shader', and selecting that portion of terrain, I think.

rcallicotte

Cool terrain displacements.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

dhavalmistry

I guess the river is dried up now  :(
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Seth

child@play

way better, neat cracks btw :)
perfection is not when there's nothing more to add, it's reached when nothing more can be left out

rcallicotte

Nice work, DH.  You've got the displacements understood, I believe.   :P  Good job.  Now...wait for the water to be transparent and then try this again with a stream.   ;D  Or not.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Mr_Lamppost

Maybe just a little variation in the colour of the dried up stream bed but otherwise it is looking good.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.