Infuriating Crashes

Started by Inscrutable, April 14, 2008, 09:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inscrutable

Hi, just a quick question.  I've returned to TG2 after taking a bit of a break but the render that I keep trying to do keeps craching, after completion.  I keep getting a message saying

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: ...Terragen 2 Technology Preview (Deep)\tgd.exe

abnormal program termination"

Annoyingly, I can see that the render window is there and that it's complete (after 4hr 48min), I just can't save as the program has stopped working.  This has happened twice in a row now.  Has anyone experienced this?  I'm going to try rendering a different, though similar, scene to see if is specific to that scene but was interested to know if it's a known issue.

Inscrutable

cyphyr

Take a look in your terragen temp folder (File> Explore Temporary Files) Chances are your render is in there. xcant help as to why terragen crashed, sorry
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Inscrutable

Fantastic, thanks Cyphyr, the render was there (twice).  I hadn't realised that that command was there or that is saved them in temp folders.  I'm relieved now, but still wondering whether this is a known issue.

Inscrutable

PG

Could you post what you were rendering. Might be worth trying to recreate the fault to see what it could be.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

Oshyan

Crashes can occur for a wide variety of reasons. Posting the .tgd or a rendered example of it at least should help in diagnosing the problem. However you may want to wait and see if the upcoming beta release fixes the problem as there have been many stability-related improvements.

- Oshyan