Price Cut

Started by rcallicotte, April 15, 2008, 11:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshbakr

That is a good price.  Jump on it!

rcallicotte

I think you're right and this is a good version to have, right?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

dhavalmistry

TG2 is not even in Beta stage and they are already scared of it!....:D
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

scott8933

I started with the Vue Esprit/Poser combo deal, and gradually upgraded up all the way to Vue Infinite.

Except for a few features and an interface I preferred, I think I could have stayed with the Esprit Pro package. You get all the modules that come "built-in" with Infinite.

Personally, I say its a very good deal and worth getting - as long as you know what you're in for. Vue isn't as the same experience as TG - Hard to really explain... Vue is a little better rounded as an all-around app, but its atmo and terrain isn't nearly as tight. Vue is also much much buggier for some people.

There's a good community and a lot of assets available for Vue, like prebuilt atmo's and stuff. The prices are almost always quite reasonable.

A good look at the two galleries will tell what the strengths of each are.

Quote from: calico on April 15, 2008, 11:15:05 AM
I think you're right and this is a good version to have, right?

matrix2003

Bad timing for this thread!  :o
-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

scott8933

Nah, the two apps are similar but really serve two totally different purposes in the end. Vue can do a complete scene, with people and buildings and cars, all animating happily around (well, I think you'd go insane trying, but its been said that vue can do that).

TG's clouds and rocks and atmo will blow it away, but good luck trying to get people and cars and buildings into that scene without going just as insane.

I'll often be in VUE, and trying to set up a nice background but still with the "TG" mindset. I'll be trying to push the sun 4 degrees off the edge of the horizon, then realize - Vue doesn't have round planets and needs a totally different approach to get the same Sunset look and I'm pretty sure isn't even aware of Horizons as such.

Personally I'm hoping it means Vue7 is on its way soon - 6.5 is really buggy and some of the features are pretty stale by today's standards.

Quote from: matrix2003 on April 16, 2008, 01:18:01 AM
Bad timing for this thread!  :o

Will

Ye I use both, depends on what I need to do.
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

rcallicotte

I wonder...could someone use Vue to include models and then use TG2 for some of the terrain and maybe some sky, only to bring it all together in another application like Photoshop or go the other way into a 3D app?  Anyone try that? 

JimB

I think that's certainly possible. Vue has a means now to export the scene to other 3D apps. As TG2 can export its heightfields I see no reason why, with a lot of smarts and elbow grease, all can't be rendered or combined in a common 3D app or compositing package. I'm already combining TG2 elements with and/or into XSI scenes, so Vue's just another one to stick in there.
Some bits and bobs
The Galileo Fallacy, 'Argumentum ad Galileus':
"They laughed at Galileo. They're laughing at me. Therefore I am the next Galileo."

Nope. Galileo was right for the simpler reason that he was right.

rcallicotte

Not sure about this, but it seem intriguing enough.  I think the greatest incentive is the idea that TG2 isn't pushing the objects (nor should it) like Vue does.  This could mean some possible integration.  I'm really curious what Vue 7 will hold, especially with this sort of thinking.

lightning

WOW thats a realy good price
go for it ;D

latego

Quote from: dhavalmistry on April 15, 2008, 11:45:44 PM
TG2 is not even in Beta stage and they are already scared of it!....:D

Sorry to sink your wishful thinking, but E-Onsoftware does sales about twice a year (I got Vue6 Esprit during September '07 one).

The only "conspiracy" type hint one can get from this news is based upon what happened when Vue6 was introduced. At that time, there was an offer "upgrade to Vue5 Infinite and get Vue6 for free", so this might be a way for E-On to have as many users as possible elegible for next "big jump" (which I, after careful coffee stain analysis, consider likely to be announced at SIGGRAPH '08).

Bye

lightning

Quote from: calico on April 16, 2008, 08:01:28 AM
I wonder...could someone use Vue to include models and then use TG2 for some of the terrain and maybe some sky, only to bring it all together in another application like Photoshop or go the other way into a 3D app?  Anyone try that? 
i remember buzzzz doing something like this a while back.

rcallicotte