designPATHS.com Forums Online

Started by MeltingIce, January 07, 2007, 02:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeltingIce

Just thought I would inform everyone that the forums for designpaths.com are now online.  If anyone has any questions or needs help concerning any of the Terragen 2 tutorials there, then come on over and we can help you out.  You can get to the forums here.

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

Pyronious

I'm just getting your sites "parking" page today... is everything all right?

Seth

old_blaggard

MeltingIce has been inactive for quite a while - it's possible that that part of the site is just gone.  There are other communities, though, such as this one and Ashundar.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Seth

damn !!! it's late in France... i knew MeltingIce was away since some month now and i didn't check his message was 1 year old !!!! dumb me !

MeltingIce

Sorry guys, my domain designpaths.com expired and I didn't renew it due to most of the hits being spam and my inactivity with Terragen 2.  Perhaps I will regain interest in Terragen once the final release comes out.  I'm hoping it works much better than the current version, as I don't seem to have the patience anymore to work on Terragen images since they take so long to render.

If enough people want it, I can make the designpaths tutorials available once again in a folder under my main domain meltingice.net.  Just let me know.

rcallicotte

Sure, MeltingIce.  The more knowledge is accessible here, the better.

Thanks for responding to the requests.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

RichTwo

I don't know about the forums, but that chick is kinda hot...
They're all wasted!

rcallicotte

What chick?

Quote from: Rich2 on January 08, 2008, 12:15:02 PM
I don't know about the forums, but that chick is kinda hot...

Seth

your tutorials were so good ! it's a shame they are not online anymore :)

Will

this thread it one year and one day old
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

matrix2003

-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

rcallicotte

MeltingIce

I'm working on getting the site back up and running.  Right now you can access it, but all of the images in the tutorials are going to have broken links.  It'll be all ready soon.  From now on, you can get to the tutorials at http://meltingice.net/designpaths

Pyronious

Thanks for putting the tutorials back up.  Those were some of the best I've seen for beginning users.  It sure jump-started my experiments.

As for render times, looks like the next release in a few weeks will have a true multi-threaded renderer.  A lot of folks have dual core machines now.  We plan to render on dual quad-core Xeons for our next project.  The current version doesn't run any faster on those machines than on a standard Core2Duo :(