UPDATED: Grassy Hills with some nice rays - Final and now with Trees!

Started by Inscrutable, April 20, 2008, 05:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inscrutable

Firstly credits to people who's work has (unwittingly) gone into this picture.

Grass clip is by dandelO
Modified cbalaskas' cracked face clip
Atmosphere is Seth93's "encore" atmosphere

So what did I actually do?  Well I pressed "random seed" a lot until I found a setting I liked.  And I worked a bit with surface layers and image maps to make a nice rough appearance  in the foreground.  And I moved the sun a bit to give some rays. Oh, and I messed around with the settings of the fractal landscape, but really what I did was incredibly low grade tinkering compared to the people above who I'm trying desperately not to appear as if I've plagiarised!

Anyway, thanks to them and credit where credit is due - I'm just happy with the final image, enough so that I've set it as my windows backdrop.

Hope you like, and as always, I'm grateful for comments.

Inscrutable

Seth

very good rays !  :o
the light is very nice and soft !
good job

rcallicotte

Agree with Seth about the rays.  It does look a bit desolate, but I mean that in a good way.   :)
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

efflux

Nice sky and lighting. Lots of good ground detail.

Inscrutable

Hi guys, thanks for all of your comments - the rugged, desolate look was what I was going for originally.  However, I have returned to it and added some trees (Lightning's Common Ash) and a nice bush in the foreground (again, courtesy of Lightning).  Basically I inserted the bush in order to hide the area on the left where the imagemap didn't appear to be as high resolution as I would have liked.

I'm really happy with the feel of the image now, it sort of reminds me of areas of north Yorkshire - I think the trees add a better sense of scale and make the image alot more interesting.  I have to say that Lightning's trees are fantastic, so if he's reading this, please acceptmy deepest thanks!

Inscrutable

Seth

Mohawk20

The trees deffinately take this to the next level. I love how realistic the translucency on the leaves of the left hand tree is!
Howgh!

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

lightning

hey nice one man!
the common ash i made seems to be pretty popular i may reseed it and upload some more variations!l second

Saurav

Excellent render, the tree on the left, the displacements and the clouds are all very realistic.

monks

Great render! a wild and woolly landscape- all it needs is wind....:0

monks