"Mountain - 2"

Started by Phylloxera, April 22, 2008, 04:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phylloxera

Terrain GeoControl Beta 2 - camera 1.7 m above the ground - use very small fake stones (Tiwiwine), no probative value to give some graining on this snow.
Parameters Reports: 2 details - AA: 10 - GI: 1 while ticked!

lightning

The snow in the foreground looks great will try the fake stones technique next time i render a snow scene ;D

but in the the mid and background the picture seems to lose all sense of scale due to the snow being to thick

rcallicotte

Very interesting idea.  Needs a little reflectivity.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Seth

agree with calico ! phyllo put some shiny reflectivity on this snow ^^

Xpleet

Took how long?

And how presize can you import GC2 terrains? ( without washed out stuff you know )

Will

The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Phylloxera

Quote from: Xpleet on April 22, 2008, 11:50:26 AM
Took how long?

And how presize can you import GC2 terrains? ( without washed out stuff you know )
I don't remenber it's not important ? Nearly thirty hours anyway!
I don't understand what you wrote, my English is more limited than with the translator and it is really unclear ? The import of terrain GC2 is easy, simply create a Heightfield load and import chosen field!

Xpleet

30 hours jeez.

Looks like the multithreading version needs to be out publically soon >_>

What I meant is that GC2 of course also has a fair amount of fractal detail (4096 terrain) and unless you overdo that by TG's fractal stuff I wonder how clear and detailed one could import terrain from an image.

Seth

il te demande si l'import de terrain GC2 est précis et si les power fractal de TG2 n'ecrase pas ce que tu as importé :)

Phylloxera

Quote from: Xpleet on April 22, 2008, 12:53:03 PM
30 hours jeez.

Looks like the multithreading version needs to be out publically soon >_>

What I meant is that GC2 of course also has a fair amount of fractal detail (4096 terrain) and unless you overdo that by TG's fractal stuff I wonder how clear and detailed one could import terrain from an image.

No problem with importation of ground GC2, which is not deformed. Except if you use power fractal or others is normal!

Phylloxera

Quote from: seth93 on April 22, 2008, 01:12:12 PM
il te demande si l'import de terrain GC2 est précis et si les power fractal de TG2 n'ecrase pas ce que tu as importé :)
Merci Franck, je rame avec l'anglais et depuis une semaine avec un rendu qui ne veut pas sortir. J'ai posé le problème dans la section question j'attends .....

Seth

oui oui j'ai été voir... c'est reulou ça...

Will

Your all saying things about me in other languages arn't you? ARN"T YOU?!
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Seth