Duplicating Objects?

Started by joshbakr, April 22, 2008, 10:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshbakr

Has anyone heard anything referring to a "Duplicate Object Option" for the future? Sure would come in handy. :P

child@play

there is, in the node network. select the object and press strg+d. should work
perfection is not when there's nothing more to add, it's reached when nothing more can be left out

Mohawk20

"strg+d"?
I get the 'd', but what button is 'strg'?
Howgh!

joshbakr

Quote from: child@play on April 22, 2008, 10:39:39 AM
there is, in the node network. select the object and press strg+d. should work

Eh??  I did select the object and tried Copy/Paste and I also tried the Edit- Duplicate. Nothing!

child@play

on your keyboard, button 'ctrl' and button 'D'

excuse me, i'm german ;) ;D
perfection is not when there's nothing more to add, it's reached when nothing more can be left out

joshbakr

Quote from: child@play on April 22, 2008, 11:02:10 AM

No need to excuse yourself.  :)  Just tried it and worked just fine, thanks! Learn something new everyday.

cyphyr

Works for me (had to just re test it). Ctrl-D will duplicate your node (and hence your object). Of course they will be in exactly the same position so you will have to manually reposition the object either by entering new values in its position boxes or simply clicking and dragging.
Hope this helps.
Richard

you beat me to it lol
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

joshbakr

Quote from: cyphyr on April 22, 2008, 11:08:51 AM
Works for me (had to just re test it). Ctrl-D will duplicate your node (and hence your object). Of course they will be in exactly the same position so you will have to manually reposition the object either by entering new values in its position boxes or simply clicking and dragging.
Hope this helps.
Richard

you beat me to it lol

Yeah, repositioning is the easy part. Wish I knew this before because it saves lots of time. Thanks to you too!

bobbystahr

I find anything can be duplicated in Network View by a simple C&P...will try this Ctrl-D option as well. C&P also positions it on top of the original but no problem...type in a new position, even slightly and the 2 axis' become visible and re positionable.. ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

choronr

Hey Mr. Baker, thanks for posing the question; and, to all of you who have provided the answers ...this is great!!

jo

Hi Bobby,

Quote from: bobbystahr on April 22, 2008, 01:57:19 PM
I find anything can be duplicated in Network View by a simple C&P...will try this Ctrl-D option as well.

Duplicate is implemented simply as a Copy followed by a Paste. It's a shortcut to a shortcut :-). Similarly, Cut is a Copy followed by a Delete.

Regards,

Jo

mogn

Also ctrl d duplicates all selected nodes.

Mohawk20

Quote from: child@play on April 22, 2008, 11:02:10 AM

Hmm, interesting.. I'm dutch, so we're neighbours, but our keyboards are all simple English, with Enter Esc Shift Alt Ctrl and Delete labels.
Howgh!

child@play

our layout is just like the american, well, except for the 'strg' = 'ctrl' thingie, that's why i didn't think about it in the first  ;)

Phylloxera

This is not a novelty anyway. In french selection shader or object to duplicate and Ctrl + D