*Update* plant selling project

Started by lightning, April 25, 2008, 06:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightning

hey guys ;D

first of a big thanks to everyone who has downloaded my plants the images you have posted with them in are all amazing there will be more HQ free models on the way! (just when the internet decides it wants to work on actual broadband not dial up ::) )

Now you may of heard that im thinking of setting up a plant website
Lately i have been really busy with school work and stuff but im still going to go through with it.

well heres what im going to do

First im going to use a proper model sharing site (turbo squid and daz) to sell some of my models
then when i get abit of money i am going to set up my own website as many people recommended. my models will be targeted for alot of highend programs such as cinema 4d maya max modo etc but i think my main target will be terragen users
on my site i would hope to have
*a well cataloged store for my plants all in different plant type categorys
* a forum where people can talk about plants (sounds so exciting........) also plant requests competions random chat and of coarse terragen discussion!
* A gallery where people can post there images

i think that would be it for my site

the reason i have not sold any models earlier on is first school ::) and second crappy newzealand internet
(dam you telecom >:(!.
new zealands communications is actually as bad as some of the 3rd world countries im being serious.....
but i got dad to switch the plan from 3gb bandwidth to 30gb bandwidth which is a little better i mean i only can upload at 30kb per second thats how crappy it is!!!

my first trees to go on sale will be European broad leaf trees oaks elm's ashes birch's etc then i will probably go onto pine trees and so on

please if you have any opinions and recommendations please feel free to post

thanks jack ;D

child@play

i think it's a good idea, your plants, as far as i have seen, are very professional. good that you still want to release freebies ;)
perfection is not when there's nothing more to add, it's reached when nothing more can be left out

bobbystahr

Sounds like you thought this through quite thoroughly...a good idea, and good luck with the sales idea as well. Your models have consistently high standards and should be well recieved by pros and hobbiests alike.. ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

peejay

Hey Jack

good luck with your exams

sounds like a good plan - looking forward to seeing this up and running.

Might be worth producing application specific versions of your models to increase customer confidence, and widen your customer base?
adamans rebellis quod iustus nos

Phylloxera

Good idea, and an ambitious project. Your plants are quality made and "work" with perfectly. I hope you will succeed and thank you again for your "grass" in low and high resolution I find it really superb.
I think you should continue to build plants low (Pissenlit; Ray-gras; Fétuque; Graminées) is what is lacking most to make our realistic images!

Sorry for my English, but I pass by a translator and it is what it's worth!

Joël

rcallicotte

My recommendation - Give us the URL   ;D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

lightning

thanks guys
@ peejay
this is exactly what im going to do i think my file formats will be
Vue vob.
cinema 4d c4d
terragen 2 tgo
wavefront obj
3ds max 3ds.

and maybe lightwave and modo

also my first tree to be uploaded onto turbosquid will be  3 English oak's priced at $10 (for all 3)
will be uploaded overnight and should be on sale tomorrow My time which is gmt+12 (all being well)

rcallicotte

Modo sounds delicious.  And Silo?

lightning

Quote from: calico on April 26, 2008, 07:10:52 PM
do you mean nevercenter silo?
if so i can do that ;D

rcallicotte

Yes.  The very same.

As long as it isn't stretching your resources, this is great.  You sure?

Quote from: lightning on April 26, 2008, 07:23:53 PM
Quote from: calico on April 26, 2008, 07:10:52 PM
do you mean nevercenter silo?
if so i can do that ;D

lightning

yes its fine
if the download count of my first model on that specific format is good then in my next products i will  sell it in the format (this applys to all formats)

oh and my business is going to be called Floraworks i need to get to work on a logo ;D

gregsandor

Lightning,
Contact John over at Vanishing Point www.vanishingpoint.biz ; I spoke to him recently about brokering models for Terragen.  It's a great site.