Late Winters Lake ***Update 1***

Started by zionner, May 03, 2008, 03:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zionner

Hey all,

This is my First Render with the Alpha :D

This is rendered at 0.94 Detail, 4 AA and 2/2 GI and took 11 Hours 24 Minutes on a Dual Core 2.8 GHZ

Enjoy!

Edit: Theres a small and strange Terrain Bug on this picture, see if you can spot it ;)

lightning

hey nice imag
my only crit would be to change the decay colour to a polar blueish colour the default green makes it look un realistic

is that the bug the patch not covered with water even though its below the water plane (i think!)

zionner

Yeah, I'll add that to the list of changes im making to the next version :D

lightning

zionner

Kind of,

If you look slightly to the left you'll see what I thinks the bug (Its the rounded part of the terrain)

Edit: Also I think that may just be a strange looking shadow.. (I'll look into it ;))

lightning

yep it looks like a flaked of pice of chocolate!
probaly just somthing weird happened to your dicplacment

zionner

Heh yeah, I'll work on getting that sorted too (The version I'm test rendering now seems promising ^^

Seth

and get the snow out of the water too dude ;)

Phylloxera

“Nice image”? One should not exaggerate one saw worse it is true but one saw better, one will say that it is right a test on the transparency of water!
To remake, displacements too important and to perhaps cover this ground with a quite thick snow!
Largely perfectible image!!  ;)

zionner

Quote from: Phylloxera on May 03, 2008, 06:23:43 AM
"Nice image"? One should not exaggerate one saw worse it is true but one saw better, one will say that it is right a test on the transparency of water!
To remake, displacements too important and to perhaps cover this ground with a quite thick snow!
Largely perfectible image!!  ;)

Heheh, Thanks for that Phylloxera.. Took me 5 minutes to figure out what it all meant...but I got there ;)

rcallicotte

Nice image.  Cool snow and I like the transparency.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

zionner

Thanks Calico,

Small Update: Sorry this next version is taking so long, it was rendering for 14 hours, then my PC crashed...So I wont be able to post it for another day or two (depending on when I decide I dont need my CPU ;) ) Thought from what I saw of the next version, its mcuh better

zionner

Hey all,

Sorry this new version took so long, I increased the resolution, and its really brought the render time up.

Anyway: for this version I've done some transparency adjustments, changed the lighting and did slight changes to the displacement (The changes can only really be seen in the snow)

This render took 120 Hours 26 Minutes 46 Seconds on a dual 2.8 GHZ Intel Vivo

Anyway, hope you like this new version

Enjoy!

lightning