Swimming turtle

Started by Kevin F, May 07, 2008, 03:08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mohawk20

I changed sun position, and some specularity settings (less roughness)...

I think this is better. Would it be allright to post the zipped TGO here? Or should I mail it to Kevin only?
Howgh!

Kevin F

That's a lot better, As for posting I don't really know!
To me only would seem the safest. My original came from Curious labs when they gave away Poser 5 and access to a directory with thousands of usable files for poser. No mention of distribution regulations.
But best be morally correct eh?
Thanks for your input.

gregsandor

You don't have any right to redistribute it.  You cannot email it to one friend or post it on the forum for many.  When you download it you agree to the license: 

http://www.contentparadise.com/us/user/green_sea_turtle_product_25832

D. You cannot sell, resell, distribute, cause to be distributed, or allow any portion of the Restricted Content to be distributed under any circumstances, via any public or private medium, except where expressly permitted by this EULA and US copyright law, without the Company's prior written consent, a copy of which must be furnished with all Restricted Content distributed in accordance with this section. You may only use the Restricted Content for exclusive use on one computer unless authorized within this EULA and/or the contents of the Company's official written consent.

It's four dollars at the link.

If you want to post your .tgo, before you zip it up, replace the turtle with a dummy object, like a sphere or box, so that anyone who also owns the right to use the turtle can dl the .tgo and replace the dummy object with the turtle once they get it.

Mohawk20

Quote from: gregsandor on May 09, 2008, 06:23:48 PM
It's four dollars at the link.

You got the wrong link. Our turtle is a Poser 5 object (hoplessly out of date...  ;))

But you are right about the distributing, so I'll mail it Kevin.
Howgh!

gregsandor

You're missing the point.  Its warez.  I am sure that any content distributed thorough Poser is restricted.  You cannot mail it to him you cannot post it.  There is no difference in object models for Poser 5 or 7 or 4 for that matter.  If you make the model you can do what you want with it, including giving it away or selling it with restrictions on its further distribution.