Corrupt cabinet file on installation of v0.9.43

Started by Satish Vasan, May 16, 2008, 08:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satish Vasan

Dear All,

In trying to install v0.9.43, I am getting a message about a corrupt cabinet file _06F..etc etc halfway through the installation process.  I thought I needed to update my installer but I get a message saying that my service pack is newer and I dont need it.  Any help would be most appreciated!

Regards

Satish

Oshyan

I would try 2 things.

First, redownload the installer and try again. Its exact file size should be 1.60 MB (1,684,992 bytes), as reported by Windows File Properties. If yours is a different size it's probably incompletely downloaded.

If installing from a freshly downloaded version still fails, I would try clearing the Temp folder. It sounds like there may be some old files hanging around in there. It's also possible a previous install didn't finish itself properly. I believe if you do a web search you'll turn up lots of discussion on this issue and how to fix it.

- Oshyan

Satish Vasan

Thanks for the tips.  I tried both but no luck!  Anyways, I installed it on another laptop just fine so will need to do file transfers to manage.. Thanks again.

Oshyan

You can also try copying the files in the install directory of the laptop (usually C:\Program Files\Terragen\) to your other computer. Provided the support files already exist on your system (as they often do), it may run just fine without installing.

- Oshyan

Satish Vasan

Oohhh......That seemed to work! 

Many thanks for persisting with a noobie..

Satish