Previous topic - Next topic

Do you belive in ghost's?

Yes. I have even seen one
Yes, but I've never seen any
No. I'll believe when I see one
No. It's just bullshit
I'm not sure what to believe

Seth

hey i just said that if they want equation or logical explaination for everything, he has to ask them those things ;)
sometimes scientist and religious people just sounds the same... they just use different words for same concept (as hasard for God...)
anyway... in France, we think creationism is so stupid... I don't know anybody that beleive in it and we laugh so loud when we read some articles about it in USA... french people usually believe in evolution... (let's say something like neo-darwinism) ^^

lightning

Quote from: seth93 on May 25, 2008, 04:11:11 AM
Quote from: lightning on May 25, 2008, 02:06:56 AM
my dads a bioligist and chemist and my grandads a astrophysicist
so everything in my house has to have an equation or logical explanation to it ::)

ask them to explain us hazard, the creation of life, and why relativity and quantics laws are not compatible ;)
science answers a lot more questions about life than the bible
hell they had to change half of it when they found out that only the moon revolves around the world not the whole damn universe lol!

sjefen

Quote from: lightning on May 25, 2008, 04:39:30 PMscience awnsers a lot more questions about life than the bible

Are you talking about how life started?
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

lightning

Quote from: sjefen on May 25, 2008, 07:14:10 PM
Quote from: lightning on May 25, 2008, 04:39:30 PMscience awnsers a lot more questions about life than the bible

lets not get onto that subject ae
i dont want to offend anyone its your belief's so i respect them ;)
most of my friends are christians anyway (newzealand is very christian well where i live anyway)

Cyber-Angel

Quote from: lightning on May 25, 2008, 11:43:34 PM
Quote from: sjefen on May 25, 2008, 07:14:10 PM

lets not get onto that subject ae
i dont want to offend anyone its your belief's so i respect them ;)
most of my friends are christians anyway (newzealand is very christian well where i live anyway)

I am prepared to have such a debate if it is contained to the subject area of theoretical philosophical theology if you'd care to participate?

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel  ;D

nikita

Quote from: sjefen on May 24, 2008, 11:04:27 AM
This is going to be a little bit of topic, but I just want to say I once saw a documentary about the brain. It was interesting and all, but there was this one thing really got me worried. They said that the brain is not really aware of it's own existence. What the hell does that mean?
The brain is just a bunch of connected neurons and neurons certainly aren't aware of anything. The human mind is some emergent phenomenon that miraculously appears when you put enough neurons into a skull. I guess they meant that.
Something interesting and off-topic too. The brain makes final decisions long before the point when we think we're making the decision.

The brain can easily be fooled. The less clear a perception is, the more does the brain fill it with assumptions, patterns and random information. This is what enables us to recognize stuff in situations like this: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bild:Emergence.jpg
and it is what makes it hard to avoid mistakes in working with formal systems like programming languages and mathematics in general - where assumptions quickly lead to errors.

I don't believe in ghosts and if they exist, there's a logical explanation for them.

I also think, this world that we're living in is already wonderfully miraculous as is. :)

otakar

Not long ago I watched a Sci-Fi channel rerun of the 'Scariest Places on Earth'. One of those was Greyfriars cemetery in Edinburgh, Scotland. I had been to Edinburgh and fell in love with the place, so I paid attention. Apparently, there's a tour at the cemetery and in 1998 people started experiencing strange things - being grabbed, bumped, scratched, smelling stuff and such. If you look at the history of the place, it's really not that surprising. I found a story on this in the Independent and here is the wikipedia entry.