Alone at last

Started by bertrand, May 29, 2008, 06:08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bertrand

I haven't posted anything here in a few millenia, but since the latest update, I've been doing some TG2 doodling again so there you go. Ironically, I've had so much problems rendering anything in the new alpha that this is an "old" TG2 render.
Nothing fancy or special here, no population, heightfield, image maps - just good old plain procedurals and not even too many of them. I was just taking a stroll in my base landscape the other day when I noticed some mildly interesting rock formations. I beamed myself down there, added some clouds and sun, and pressed the shutter button. That's it.

lightning

inkydigit

very nice atmo...great scene overall!

Tangled-Universe

Awesome lighting clouds and rays :)
Interesting terrain and composition also, good job!

Martin

rcallicotte

Not to trivialize this, but that's a fun image.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

nvseal

Love the colors and composition.

bertrand

Thanks mates. It can't compare with any of the advanced stuff you guys keep posting here. But glad you like it.

Glad you mention this Calico. It was meant to be a bit silly ;-)

rcallicotte

Oh, I don't think it's silly...but, I was thinking it's FUN.   ;D  I want to be that guy...sipping on a small glass of Australian Victorian dessert wine. 

Good work, by the way.  Love the rays and point of view.

Quote from: bertrand on May 29, 2008, 11:54:22 AM
Glad you mention this Calico. It was meant to be a bit silly ;-)
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Seth

Oshyan

Fantastic rays, a very "epic" quality to this. Nice work, simple though it is. It doesn't take complexity to be effective.

- Oshyan

bertrand

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Mr_Lamppost

I like this, I like this a lot!   8)

The simple addition of the figure gives the whole thing scale and from there grandeur and impact.  Excellent work. 
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

MF_Erwan

Will he jump? Or not? ;D

Congratulations, beautiful image. Not only the atmosphere, but also the textures (and me, I even don't know how to add ONE textures... :-\)

Erwan

EBAndrew

I love the cliff face detail, and the banding (for lack of a better word, I know banding is normally bad) at the center-bottom.
-Andrew