Do you get a full copy of Terragen 0.9 when pre-purchasing Terrgaen 2?

Started by AmericanXer0, June 03, 2008, 01:00:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanXer0

I see on the Terragen 2 download page that you can pre-purchase Terragen 2 for $100 if you have a licensed copy of Terragen 0.9. So, if you pay the regular $199 or $299 for Terragen 2, does it also include a registered copy of Terragen? I'm interested in pre-purchasing Terragen 2, but I'd like to use Terragen to it's full potential as well.

Thanks for the answers.

P.S. - Sorry if this has been asked before, I wasn't able to find a similar thread.

rcallicotte

If you already own TG, then you get a discount.  If not, TG2 costs more and it doesn't include anything else.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Cyber-Angel

0.9.43 and TG2 are two separate licences just because you've brought TG2 dose in no way grant you an automatic licence to the unlocked features in 0.9.43, doing so would reduce Planetsides revenue stream to zero, also Planetside it must be remembered is a business not a charitable institution. End Of Line.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel       

Cyber-Angel

Oops,

Corrected that mistake.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel   

AmericanXer0

Quote from: calico on June 03, 2008, 08:45:00 AM
If you already own TG, then you get a discount.  If not, TG2 costs more and it doesn't include anything else.

Judging by the pre-purchase page, it doesn't say anything about a cut off date for the Terragen 0.9.43 registration to be eligible for the discounted pre-purchase, which is why I was asking. In my case, I'll go ahead and purchase Terragen 0.9.43 and then pre-purchase Terragen 2.

Quote from: Cyber-Angel on June 03, 2008, 09:57:47 AM
0.9.43 and TG2 are two separate licences just because you've brought TG2 dose in no way grant you an automatic licence to the unlocked features in 0.9.43, doing so would reduce Planetsides revenue stream to zero       

Seeing as how it'd be the same price for me to purchase Terragen 0.9.43 now, and then pre-purchase Terragen 2 at the discounted rate (which is $100 off, which is the price of Terragen 0.9.43), I don't see how they'd be losing any more money by including it.

If it's been stated somewhere explicitly on the Planetside site, or these forums, that this discount is no longer in effect, please let me know.

rcallicotte

Planetside has been pretty good about being clear about the pricing.  I know how confusing it must seem to need to purchase .9 to get TG2, which is in effect the same as you said about purchasing both for the same price.  But, I believe the reason this was setup this way was to provide a discount to anyone with .9.

Hope you enjoy TG2.  Remember to come back here, since there are all kinds of tutorials and explanations and sample files and free objects and helpful fellow users.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

The discount for current owners and new registrants of TG 0.9 toward TG2 may be discontinued or altered in the future. Its intent was to reward those people who supported TG 0.9 with registrations for so many years. The standard approach for a software company to take is to offer a discount on upgrade, but such a relatively large discount is unusual and is due in this case largely to the unique development process of TG 0.9 leading to TG2 (there was never a Terragen "1.0"). In the future the price of TG2 will also increase once the pre-release period ends, so this will affect how it all plays out as well.

- Oshyan