Edge of the storm

Started by maulsull, June 06, 2008, 08:29:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maulsull

A fairly simple image but I thought the clouds looked pretty good and moody.

rcallicotte

This is the beauty of TG2 - its simplicity can be so awesome.  Nice capture of the hole in the clouds and good lighting.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Tangled-Universe

The clouds certainly look pretty good, they even look pretty awesome to me :)
Indeed very nice lighting, especially in the hole.
The only small crit I have is that the cloud at the top is really really dark, but I know that making the clouds lighter won't make the rest look better probably.
Very good work!

Martin

Seth

good !
and agree with T-U too

EBAndrew

Wow, those're some crazy clouds you've got going on just above the horizon.

But anyway... I honestly think that - maybe excluding the addition of a very non-attention-grabbing terrain - that adding anything more to this would take away from the beauty you've achieved with very soft colors and lighting. Even adding the mentioned terrain could degrade that, adding more highlights to the image and kind of breaking that large gradient of light and dark.

I don't even know if that made any sense. It did in my head, but I figured my normal, 'Dat dere shore looks gud!' needed to be tagged out for once.
-Andrew

Saurav

Highly realistic looking render. Great lighting and clouds.

moodflow

http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

Mr_Lamppost

Those clouds are excellent.  I agree that to finish it off as an image it needs a simple terrain or how about just applying a water shader to your planer?
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

EBAndrew

Quote from: Mr_Lamppost on June 07, 2008, 06:16:43 PM
...or how about just applying a water shader to your planer?

I totally agree. Reflections are good!
-Andrew

Will

The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Njen

maulsull

Thanks for the comments. Added some water to the surface layer and I think it looks a lot better now.

mrwho

excellent! I think an island on the right side (farther back in the water) would be nice