New use for cell phones!

Started by matrix2003, June 07, 2008, 09:54:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrix2003

-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Will

damn, that stuff is going into my ear??
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

matrix2003

...exactly!  I'm thinking brain cells are probably easier to breach than a popcorn kernel!

old_blaggard

http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

rcallicotte

Well, try it with two and I wonder if it would work.  And it's on the ringing and not the talking, when it happens.  Of course, maybe someone will experiment with all of that.

matrix2003

Well  -  both my boys have the obligatory cell, "to call mom and dad",  Mom .... has the blackberry, doing the corporate thing.
I will be recreating this "experiment" at home.  And will hopefully capture it as a .ter file.

I hope the corn-kernel advocating types do not turn on me.

Will

for some reason or another my speakers arn't shielded so when the phone rings or when i talk I hear the signal going out, it sounds a lot like morse code but with different tones and volumes from time to time.
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Xpleet

Quote from: matrix2003 on June 07, 2008, 01:09:19 PM
...exactly!  I'm thinking brain cells are probably easier to breach than a popcorn kernel!

excellent thought.

I've seen this a while ago and it's really amazing, after this guy eats the popcorn, it's obviously pretty hot too.

Dark Fire

There was a good discussion about how dangerous these devices are, on XDA-Developers. However, they're all well within US and EU safety limits. I suppose the good news is that they did require several phones to do that...

Extraterrestrial

We're all going to develop brain cancer from cell phones! shucks...can't believe that they can make popcorn! I think from now on that will be my only use for my cell  ;)

JimB

Quote from: Dark Fire on June 10, 2008, 07:37:41 AM
There was a good discussion about how dangerous these devices are, on XDA-Developers. However, they're all well within US and EU safety limits. I suppose the good news is that they did require several phones to do that...

That would depend on what the respective governments deem 'acceptable risk', whether the science was edited by politicians or was carried out by the phone companies and was unedited there by executives, and over what period the tests were made to examine longer term lower exposure effects.   ;)

If three phones can cook popcorn in seconds, what does one phone do over ten years? Cook popcorn more slowly?
Some bits and bobs
The Galileo Fallacy, 'Argumentum ad Galileus':
"They laughed at Galileo. They're laughing at me. Therefore I am the next Galileo."

Nope. Galileo was right for the simpler reason that he was right.

JimB

I know two people now who have tried to recreate this, and both failed to make the popcorn go pop.
Some bits and bobs
The Galileo Fallacy, 'Argumentum ad Galileus':
"They laughed at Galileo. They're laughing at me. Therefore I am the next Galileo."

Nope. Galileo was right for the simpler reason that he was right.

rcallicotte

It's a conspiracy, I tell ya.   ;D

Quote from: JimB on June 12, 2008, 07:32:01 AM
I know two people now who have tried to recreate this, and both failed to make the popcorn go pop.