Uninstalling TG2 Alpha

Started by RichTwo, June 07, 2008, 09:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichTwo

I guess I bit off more than my machine can chew - The original Tech Preview was iffy at best, but the Alpha version just doesn't work for me.  I still have all the installer packages for all versions, but I just want the original one with my registration (Deep) intact, which doesn't have the "3".  What do I need to do to get rid of everything but that, but still keep some of my project files?  I can't reinstall the original unless I uninstall "3", thanks to Windows XP.

I know the Planetside support team is tres busy, (thank goodness!) and this is a probably a question I ask and will slap my half-bald forehead for later when I have the answer - I just don't see an installer...

Thanks to anyone who can get me back to the non-Alpha version!
They're all wasted!

Oshyan

Hi Rich,

Your project and resource files will be unaffected by the install/uninstall process *unless* you keep them in a subdirectory of the Terragen install folder (which we do not recommend). If that's the case then you will simply need to *move* your files out of this location, uninstall, then install the old version and move your files back. If your files are not stored in a subdirectory of the Terregan install directory then you should have nothing to worry about.

- Oshyan