Sous-Bois *FINAL*

Started by Seth, June 09, 2008, 01:22:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth

still a WIP but i think it can be post anyway ;)
vegetation XFrog and grass by Mr Lightning

nvseal

That's looking very nice indeed.

darthvader

oh my god!!! that grass is AMAZING!!! how did you do it...if I may ask ;D

Mohawk20

The grass looks nice, but the most amazing thing here is the realism of the leaves' translucency!
Great job!
Howgh!

lightning

hey seth ;)
you MUST tell me how you got my grass soooooo damn realistic!!!
i am modeling a new set of grasses at the moment so can you please give me some tips ;D

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Seth

Quote from: lightning on June 09, 2008, 03:10:32 AM
hey seth ;)
you MUST tell me how you got my grass soooooo damn realistic!!!
i am modeling a new set of grasses at the moment so can you please give me some tips ;D

hehehe
i just used your grass and played with light... not big deal, your grass is just amazing :)

Costaud

I see some terrain in the grass  ;D...excellent work Seth the vegetations is very realistic and the light is just perfect for a scene like this.

Mr_Lamppost

Very nice, the lighting on the trees is spot on.  As the sky is completely clear I would have expected to see more defined (Less soft) shadows but as this is a WIP you may have atmosphere changes in mind that will match the shadows as they are.

Are you using Lightning's large hi-res grass mats/patches rather than the small clumps?
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

Oshyan

The lighting is truly stunning here. The leave translucency is particularly impressive. It's a simple scene, but very effective and realistic as it is. That little bit of oddly textured terrain peeking through is the only distraction.

- Oshyan

lightning

Quote from: Oshyan on June 10, 2008, 12:47:33 AM
The lighting is truly stunning here. The leave translucency is particularly impressive. It's a simple scene, but very effective and realistic as it is. That little bit of oddly textured terrain peeking through is the only distraction.

- Oshyan
im sure a little patchwork in photoshop can fix that!

Phylloxera

Good work man, I love the light !

Seth

thanks all :)
@Lightning : i won't fix it with PS... I'll use TG2 ;) I plan to use different vegetation on this one just to try different  mood... and when i'll find something good enough, I'll render it ;)

Martchi

Très belle réalisation,Bravo!!!