Halfway Job

Started by rcallicotte, June 19, 2008, 07:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

This only renders halfway and then quits rendering.  It didn't indicate that it was finished.  It just doesn't go any more, after it had been clearly moving along just fine.  This happened three times.

Specs -

Windows XP SP2 32-bit
Intel Q6600 Quad
4G RAM
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

This may be related to a thread/bucket crashing issue we're currently working on. Are you rendering on a multi-core CPU? If so, how many threads are you using?

I'm currently testing this on the latest internal alpha and will let you know if it's working better here.

- Oshyan

rcallicotte

I was using 2 / 4.  I have a Quad.  This is also very displaced, so there's a lot going on, beside transparency.

Seth

i had the same problem using compute normal on a render...

Zylot

I had a similiar problem where it looked like someone painted black fleks all over the lower portion of my render..

but I am using a single core CPU..

Oshyan

It appears to have rendered correctly on my system using the latest alpha. That means the next release will hopefully fix this problem for you. If you'd like a copy of the rendered image let me know, but I didn't have the image files you used so it looks a bit different than yours (only in texturing).

- Oshyan

PG

Quote from: calico on June 19, 2008, 07:15:07 AM
Windows XP SP2 32-bit
Intel Q6600 Quad
4G RAM

I don't reckon this'll be the cause of the bucket problem but if you've got 32bit then you'll only be using about 3.25GB maximum of that 4 gig you got. If you've got a very complex scene then maybe some parts were lost by the limitations of memory...maybe...
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

rcallicotte

I don't need to see the image.  It would be cool to see, but only because it would be cool to see.   :D

Glad to hear it's fixed.

Quote from: Oshyan on June 25, 2008, 02:31:38 PM
It appears to have rendered correctly on my system using the latest alpha. That means the next release will hopefully fix this problem for you. If you'd like a copy of the rendered image let me know, but I didn't have the image files you used so it looks a bit different than yours (only in texturing).

- Oshyan