Started by reck, June 30, 2008, 03:12:35 PM
Quote from: reck on June 30, 2008, 06:53:59 PMMatt here are the details. I couldn't see any version numbers for any of the files in the plugins folder so I just recorded their sizes. The two dll files were 22.214.171.124.
Quote from: Oshyan on June 30, 2008, 07:12:07 PMThe Virtualstore entries suggest that Vista is caching the dll files and may be referring to older cache versions instead of the newly installed ones. You might try turning off System Restore, doing an uninstall, then reinstalling, and finally turning system restore back on. I don't know if there is a way to turn off the caching functions or exclude a particular directory or dll. The odd thing is I haven't encountered this on my Vista install and I am installing/uninstalling on a regular basis. It's possible however that I have turned something off (such as User Account Control - UAC) that is a factor in this issue.- Oshyan