Up There

Started by Seth, July 02, 2008, 10:42:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth

not really finished but i want to move on something else right   ;)now

rcallicotte

I like the forward details in the ground and rocks and how you've given the clouds some more overall density.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Zylot

I am definately all about the forground detail.  That looks very loose, sandy/dusty, and realistic all around.

GioMez

I wish I could create terrains like this!  :'( ;D

moodflow

Very impressive image.  I really like the foreground rocks.   8)
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

Seth

too bad i forgot to uncheck my reflective shader... it was better looking without it (well, let's say i prefered it without the reflection ^^)

old_blaggard

http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Mahnmut

Hi there.
This looks great and I definitely couldn´t do it better or even alike.
This said I still got some points of critique:
-I am not sure of what the perspective is, for me it looks as if I should see my foot at the bottom rim of the image, looking down at a flat rim over the abyss.
Even if its meant like this, there are some stones that should fall if they aren´t glued to the rock.
And I wonder if you find stones that much rounded "up there".
But Maybe it is some kind of conglomerate rock and as such it looks wonderful :)
Best regards,
Jan

crosseout

really cool, however, as the guy before me said, the geology isnt quiet right. The rock compound seems much too sedimentary to even be found at such great heights, and to have such sharp edges. The round stones would be able to exist, but if that rock is like it seems it means it would have to be in southamerica or something along those lines since it would have been pretty much chopped off by the glaciers, which could have made the stones round:P

anyways, it seems sort of like a vue render which I am not really a fan of since it just doesnt look real, which is kind of the point. But that aside, you have some awesome terrain, surface and atmo  ;D

Seth

hehe !
i must admit i know almost nothing about geology, where you can found this or this tree or plant, if the paputitus cumulus can be present with 23°C...
i never, never, never try to do something like in the real world... i am not able to do it and i must admit i don't care ;D
but... your totally right about the perspective, we are not sure what it is while looking at the render... as for the sharp edge, i'm disapointed (well not really) because some other told me the same thing and i liked it ^^
anyway, thanks for the critics and the info about the rocks, i'll try to keep that in mind for the next one ;)

Mr_Lamppost

I really like the contrast between the foreground detain and the wide open space beyond.  I am more pleased that you didn't ruin it with faked depth of field.  ;)
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

lightning

nice work seth i love the surface details of the rocks very realistic as usual.
the background however needs a lot more work i think the atmosphere needs a lot more density
i also think the clouds need a lot more sampling and density

choronr

Simple, effective; and, very well done!

Seth

@lightning : yeah the clouds suck... detail 1 but i don't like them...

Oshyan

I actually like the clouds, at least in the distance.

- Oshyan