rendering problem

Started by Seth, July 06, 2008, 05:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth

mmmmh... any idea ?
when i did the render in small size, no problem, then i tried an HQ render and i have those bugs....
TGTP4 ^^

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Seth

Seth

i'll do crop renders as soon as this one will be over ^^

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: seth93 on July 07, 2008, 01:28:36 AM
i'll do crop renders as soon as this one will be over ^^

Those will also take long enough to render ;)

Are you rendering again with raytraced shadows? ;)

Seth

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on July 07, 2008, 08:42:32 AM

Are you rendering again with raytraced shadows? ;)

stupid me ! stupid me !
stupid me ! stupid me !

stupid me ! stupid me !
stupid me ! stupid me !

stupid me ! stupid me !
stupid me ! stupid me !

rcallicotte

Wait, wait, wait!!!  The default in the renderer (for most renderers on the planet) is Do Ray Traced Shadows.  This is good in the renderer.  It isn't good for the clouds as in - Cloud (type of cloud) - Quality - Enable Ray Traced Shadows.  This last option (there are two) is not used very often and only when you want the shadows to influence the clouds and not the terrain.

Seth

yeah but i am not sure it was necessary for this render to let the tab check...
anyway... far from being over so ... i need to wait...

rcallicotte

What I'm saying here, though, just to be very clear, is that having the Ray Traced Shadows on in the renderer is a standard in 3D rendering.  If that is causing the problems, then that is good for Matt (et al) to know, but we certainly don't want turning Ray Traced Shadows off to be a workaround.  N'est pas?

Seth

I'll try with and without raytraced shadow when i'll do my crop renders... :)

Tangled-Universe

I meant ray-traced shadows in the atmosphere ;D
Ray-traced shadows under the "extra" tab in the render node has indeed to be switched on, but I meant raytraced shadows in the atmosphere. Calico is rigth indeed.
I remember Seth rendering a cave image with raytraced shadows in the atmo and surface detail and it took...well...how many 100s of hours? :P I don't know :)

But for the sake of clarity: I meant ray traced shadows in the atmo :P

I just saw on the other board you had surface detail checked, you might also consider disabling that, it's probably not visible and only increases rendertimes very much.
Of course I don't know if these relate to your problem, but you might try. It's for Matt and the others to tell :)

rcallicotte

@TU -  ;D

That's what I thought.  But, I wanted to be sure we were all understanding.  I'm curious how this comes out, after the clipped renders.

Seth

aaaaaaaaaaaah no raytraced shadow in the atmo tab dude ;)
as for the GI detail, it seems that where it is very dark under the trees it adds some details (maybe just my eyes though)

lightning

Quote from: seth93 on July 07, 2008, 05:18:19 PM
as for the GI detail, it seems that where it is very dark under the trees it adds some details (maybe just my eyes though)

i afree i think you should change the sun postion
how long was it going for before you stopped it?

lightning

Quote from: seth93 on July 07, 2008, 05:18:19 PM

woops double post sorry!.........