Vegetation

Started by choronr, July 06, 2008, 07:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choronr

Thank you Matt for getting into this one. I'll get back to you after I make the changes you suggested. Initially, I will deactivate the strata/outcrops shader and place another in the terrain section. and test it. The next hurdle will be getting the vegetation to fall on the low slope areas.

choronr

Matt; I took and deactivated the strata/outcrops shader and ran a population test ...it worked! The vegetation showed up. Now, we'll add the strata/outcrops shader to the terrain section and see what happens and get back to you. I've probably missed it; but, this is one bit of advice that certainly must appear in your eventual 'user manual'.

Bob

choronr

Matt, adding the strata/outcrops shader to the terrain section worked! Now, I can get back to the refinements. I really appreciate your input on this. Question: Does this procedure also apply to the 'twist and shear shader' as well?

Thank you again.

Bob

Matt

Yes, definitely. Anything that displaces the terrain, really, although you can often get away with it if you know the displacement is small enough. If you still need to apply any large displacements after the Compute Terrain node for any reason then you can resort to connecting your populations to a point further down the chain to incorporate those displacements.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

choronr

Thanks Matt; your information is saved for now and the future ...I really appreciate it.