Gears of war

Started by lightning, July 10, 2008, 02:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

Thanks guys!  More things to (maybe) try to spend my money.

Both sound excellent.  Maybe I'll find some discounts or find a good price on eBay. 
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

ProjectX

I would say Mass Effect over GOW. I have both and I know which one hooked me with the better storytelling.

Not saying that GOW is bad though, I thoroughly enjoy a co-op session every now and then. But seriously Epic: not every marine has a gravel voice and not every black man is MC Hammer. Some variety there would be nice please.

Bioshock has a very nice story, but it takes a while to get into, and I still think Mass Effect's was better realized, for one it doesn't have the problem where every character looks like it was made by a small child out of plasticene. I did like how there was little difference psychologically between the NPCs and the "zombies" though, a nice touch there. Assassin's creed is best-played on a console, IMO, the controls just feel better that way. Crysis is good if your PC can handle it, just don't expect any plot twists that aren't telegraphed by about a mile.

COD4 definitely but if you haven't got the Orange Box yet then I doubt your taste in games is good enough to enjoy any of the above ;)

And after that somewhat fevered exposition, I shall collapse now.

Px Out.

rcallicotte

Orange Box ROCKS!!

Thanks for the info on Mass Effect...I'll check it out.

I especially like Portal.  It's really something different.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

nvseal

I bought and played through Mass Effect a week ago. Great game, highly recommended. The story was great. The combat was fun. Just an all around fantastic game.

lightning

cool i my friend has this i just txt him so im gonna get this game next week ;D

EBAndrew

Agreed: Mass Effect was probably one of the best RPGs I've played in a very long time - probably since Oblivion came out a while back. I've always loved Sci-Fi games, especially the RPGs, and even more when they're action RPGs. I honestly wasn't very hyped for it until I read the book (it takes place before the game, though I don't remember how long) and I started paying attention to the kind of game it was going to be. I can't friggin' wait for ME2.

I don't mean to brag, but I can't keep myself from saying this: It also helps my liking the game when I'm working with a good deal of the people from ME1. :D

As mentioned, I'd say the Orange Box is well worth it, if only for the amount of games you get for the price. I only really played Portal, and Episode 2 I got stuck in and quit. Team Fortress 2 is supposed to be amazing if you like multiplayer games.

Quote from: ProjectX on July 25, 2008, 12:17:25 PM
...not every marine has a gravel voice and not every black man is MC Hammer...

Haha, it's so true. I always laugh though when Marcus starts sounding more like Bender than he does himself... it normally comes when he's swearing or something.
-Andrew