It is going to rain

Started by dwilson, July 16, 2008, 12:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwilson

This is an image I have been working on for awhile.

It took 10hrs 22min to render

Render Settings:
Size: 800x432
Detail: 0.75
Anti-aliasing: 4
GI detail: 3
GI quality: 3
GI blur radius: 2
Supersample prepass and GI surface detail enabled

C&C welcome

rcallicotte

Beautiful clouds.  Nice lighting.  Might be a personal preference, but I want to see more of your ground - it looks pretty good.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Seth

agree with calico ! the ground seems to be very good !

Phylloxera

Beautiful composition, the cloud is very impressive, like Seth I find the ground been successful !

Tangled-Universe

This looks very good! Good composition and clouds :) I'm glad you didn't make the foreground too 'busy' so the attention keeps on the cloud.
The surfacing is very good also.
There are some minor things I'd like to see improved. The water is a bit rough to my taste, however I can easily imagine it is very windy there, but the wavescale is a tad too big I think compared to the stones. The clouds and sunglow effect are great :) Maybe you can lighten up the shadows in the cloud a bit to show a little bit more definition.

If possible: render this BIGGER :P ;D
Beautiful work!

Martin

dwilson

Thank you all for the comments.  I have tried to render a larger image but I get memory errors close to the end because I only have 1 GB of ram (and my faster rendering machine is out of commission).  I even tried doing a crop render but you can see the seam between the 2 parts and there is a little spot that wasn't rendered because of the errors.  I am going to put these images together and then I will post it.  I will also work on the water at some point.  I kind of just threw the water in.

Seth

too bad... i have 1Gb ram too but i don't get error memory...
i really hope you'll be able to do some bigger render of this one (with some evolution of course) ;)

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: dwilson on July 16, 2008, 02:43:38 PM
Thank you all for the comments.  I have tried to render a larger image but I get memory errors close to the end because I only have 1 GB of ram (and my faster rendering machine is out of commission).  I even tried doing a crop render but you can see the seam between the 2 parts and there is a little spot that wasn't rendered because of the errors.  I am going to put these images together and then I will post it.  I will also work on the water at some point.  I kind of just threw the water in.

Well, I have 8 gigs of memory and a quadcore. It seems like you're not using the latest version since you mentioned about seeing seams between renders. Is that correct?
I can render this double this size in a day for you, easily, if you want to :)

Martin

dwilson

No, I am using the latest version (1.9.98.1).  I did 2 cropped renders, the top and the bottom, and you could see the seam in the cloud.  I will PM the file to you later.

dwilson

Here is the pieced together larger render.  1280x691
Nothing has changed in the image (other than the size)

Devin

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: dwilson on July 16, 2008, 05:54:22 PM
Here is the pieced together larger render.  1280x691
Nothing has changed in the image (other than the size)

Devin

hmmm...I don't see a seam so quickly?

Thanks for the file, I've put in the "queue" so to say :)
I see I was maybe a bit too over-confident about rendering this twice as big in a day :) See you have GI @ 3/3 ;) lol
How about 1750x945?

Martin

lightning

dwilson

You don't see it because there isn't one in the cloud.  I pieced together multiple images so the cloud wouldn't have a seam.  Here is the image with the seam in the cloud.
That size is fine.

Devin

Seth

nice bug under the cloud ^^