Hot Air Balloon...

Started by choronr, July 16, 2008, 04:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choronr

I'm looking for a 'Hot Air Balloon' for in-flight scene use. I'd appreciate ant suggestions you might have. Thanks.

Bob

gregsandor

Here's one.   Anyone may download and use this model and textures for personal and/or commercial use.  Redistribution in any manner is prohibited:  it is only available from this post here at TG forum.

choronr

Thanks Greg ...I really appreciate this.

buzzzzz1

Very Nice of you, Thanks!
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

gregsandor

You're welcome.  Post your renders here so we can see what you do with it!

choronr

We're working on a couple of different kinds ...hang in there ...I'm real slow!

lightning

inkydigit

I searched high and low over the interweb, to no avail, so thanks Greg...and happy Ballooning to Bob and Jay!

choronr

@gregsandor or anyone who may know; what are the 'hot air balloon TEMPLATE' and .mtl file for - and, where do they get inserted. Thanks in advance ...its looking good!

gregsandor

The template is a guide pattern: if you want to make your own texture you can take it into paintshop and use the lines as a guide to painting new colors or patterns in a new texture for your balloon.  Or delete it:  its not necesssary.  Fun party trick:  Try the template as a displacement map, or a blend mask to add color to the base shader.

The .mtl file describes the materials in your model.  It can be deleted also.  You can edit it in Notepad to change the order in which TG lists the shaders in the object's multishader (this is done before importing the model to TG).   When several models share the same named material I edit their mtl files to all use those same textures in the same slot.

choronr

Thank you Greg for this helpful information; I appreciate it. I'm learning some aspects of digital art that will hopefully improve my work in the future.

gregsandor

Has anyone rendered this in a scene?  Let's see.

choronr

Hi Greg,

I've been without a PC for almost two weeks due to a faulty power supply. I finally have the system up and running today.

Yes, I have a picture using your balloon which I'll upload soon.

Bob

choronr

@gregsandor

The distant hot air balloon model is yours.

Bob

lonewolf