Free TP2...

Started by dandelO, July 19, 2008, 08:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandelO

I read here a couple of weeks back Matt saying that the free downloadable build of TG2 would be updated soon. ***Not an exact quote but along those lines.
Does this mean as soon as the final is available or, are we allowed a little glimpse of what we might be getting in the end?
Three significant updates on and the general 'I'll try this out and see what it's all about' people, new users, etc, are still only allowed to use TP2.
As I said, I only ask because I read it in a post from Matt(can't remember where but it's here somewhere, possibly in the support section), not because I think I'm by any means entitled to it.

Cheers!

?

Seth

Quote from: Matt on July 18, 2008, 06:54:40 PM
We will release an update to the free version soon, and a lot of changes have been made which may help.

;D

dandelO

rcallicotte

I always understood that the Free TG2 Version would only be updated once it went gold.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

We will be releasing an update to the free version prior to the final release. As others have pointed out the current free version is no longer representative of many of the capabilities of TG2. It will also be helpful to have the testing feedback of a wider range of users. We will continue our policy of providing updates to registered users prior to making them available to the public.

- Oshyan

dandelO

Thankyou for the reply, Oshyan. Just what I wanted to know. :)

Now, here's the clincher... When will this be? ;) :D
I'm only joking, I know better than to ask for dates, who knows what rabbit hole we'd end-up down with that one again!

Cheers, man!

Seth

dandelO

Oh WOW!

Thankyou Planetside!  :o

PG

Pretty soon I guess! :D lol
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

bobbystahr

WooHoo...I've just done my first transparent water and I must say that it totally lives up to my expectations...and I did it on this slow underpowered e machine with only 512 RAM and still got a passable lo res render at 800x600 .5 DETAIL in 1.5 hrs with lots of water. Impressive update I must say...many thanks Matt et al...I'm sooo happy.. ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

dandelO

It's fantastic, the GI optimizations and features are great and the water/reflectivity shaders are nice too.
Multi-threading takes about 1/3 off my render time too, just using 2 cores and max 2 threads.

Thankyou, Planetside! :)

Astro1derboy

Thank you for the free update, Matt.   8)

philhoole

Yes, thanks from me too.... TG2 is so much better now - Multicore support is great. Shall be ordering in the next few days.

Zairyn Arsyn

awesome! this is just what I was hoping for,
too bad I'm on currently on vacation, or else i would be using it right now.

thank you PS!
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

Klas

Finished rendering... but no Save button?