Le Passage

Started by Seth, July 30, 2008, 01:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth

some texturing and strata tests...
postwork only for the border and a little sharpen

Tangled-Universe

Those rockstructures on the far mid-left look freakin' awesome :) Of course the rest of the strata are very good as well, you made good use of Martchi's clip I suppose/guess? ;) :P
I think the water could use some work. I'm not really fond of the color but to be honest I can't think of a better color myself so far ;D
You might try to add a different density color and to make the water less transparent.

Martin

Seth

hehehe i didn't use anyone clip to do this one... just experimenting some strata values :)
and i really don't like the water, i did it this way because my wife wanted some blue and very transparent water... and i wanted it green and almost no transparency... maybe later i'll do another render ;)

inkydigit

like a tunnel on the moon!...excellent!

Tangled-Universe

Oh I'm sorry, but those rock-structures look so similar to the ones Martchi posted a while ago, well...you know which one I mean ;)
Nevertheless they're still very good!

And oh yeah...never listen to your wife, TG-wise ;) lol
I think your suggestion for greener and less transparent is indeed a good one.

By the way, haven't seen you online for some time, have you already thought about something for our teamwork?

Martin

Seth

hehehe i know which one you meant !!! the great strata stuff he did  (he was IOTW with it i think)
and you're right, i won't listen to my wife for my next renders :D

i was not online for some time because i don't have free times those days... but i will be this week-end and next week i think (before my 2 weeks holidays)  ;)

as for the teamwork, i must confess i don't have The Idea right now... but with more free time, i'll think about it much better ;)

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: seth93 on July 30, 2008, 02:43:30 PM
hehehe i know which one you meant !!! the great strata stuff he did  (he was IOTW with it i think)
and you're right, i won't listen to my wife for my next renders :D

i was not online for some time because i don't have free times those days... but i will be this week-end and next week i think (before my 2 weeks holidays)  ;)

as for the teamwork, i must confess i don't have The Idea right now... but with more free time, i'll think about it much better ;)

Yeah don't worry, I also have lots of things going on right now, I was just wondering...things will come themselves when the time is there/ready ;)

old_blaggard

Great detail on the caves!  The strata look a little too sharp.  I like the color o the water, though.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Seth

the stratas look sharp as i wanted them to be ^^
my main problem with this one is the water... hehe o_b, it seems that we have opposite tastes ;)

rcallicotte

I like this very much.  The water on the left side doesn't seem to be hitting the rock...not sure why.  But, it's very good on the right side.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

RArcher

Really nice strata going on here.  One of these days I am going to have to sit down and really figure out the values in the strata shader.

Phylloxera

Superbe roche, et une bonne mise en lumière c'est encore une réussite !

mr-miley

Seth93

Most excelent render, love the strata, very realistic looking. Not too keen on the water, but as T-U said, I can't think of anything better to do with it so I'll just shut up  ;D

I have found from personal experience.... listen to your wife.... now... if she's anything like mine, she'll get her own way in the end anyway so you may as well cut the time scale down and do as she wants now, rather than later...  ;D

Miles
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

20alex

I love how different the inside of the cave looks to outside, all dark and gloomy. And the rocks are fantastic! Did you use an image overlay?

Seth

nope, powerfractal only ^^
i love image map look but i never think of using it... maybe later i'll do something with image map....