Forum User Gallery

Started by MeltingIce, January 13, 2007, 03:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhavalmistry

Hey Melting Ice...I uploaded 2 images yesterday and they haven't showed up in the gallery yet....I was wondering.....are the renderings moderated???
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

MeltingIce

Hmm... you must not be doing something right.  When you upload the picture, it immediately appears in the gallery since there is no moderation.  What format and filesize are the images you are trying to upload?  The gallery might not be accepting the images you are uploading.

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

littlecannon

Hi MeltingIce, I just uploaded a couple of pics to your gallery. It's building up nicely. cheers, Simon. (I had no problem uploading) ;D
I just need to tweak that texture a bit more...

MeltingIce

Quote from: littlecannon on January 24, 2007, 04:23:48 PM
Hi MeltingIce, I just uploaded a couple of pics to your gallery. It's building up nicely. cheers, Simon. (I had no problem uploading) ;D
Awesome, thanks for sharing your work.  Good to hear that you didn't have any problems uploading  :D

dhavalmistry

Quote from: MeltingIce on January 24, 2007, 03:54:29 PM
Hmm... you must not be doing something right.  When you upload the picture, it immediately appears in the gallery since there is no moderation.  What format and filesize are the images you are trying to upload?  The gallery might not be accepting the images you are uploading.

I uploaded 2 (800x600) jpg's
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

lollynada

ello there -  am trying to add some of my first TG2 piccies too... was trying to add smallish bitmap files,
as this is the file type that TG2 has been spitting out onto my PC.  However, 'it' said 'wrong file type'
- so should we load jpgs instead please?   ta v muchly   :) 

lollynada

me again - answered me own question re: which file types...

converted all the .bmp pics to jpg pics in PS and sorted  :)

cheers!  :)

Will

I would just like to say that all the work i've seen on the gallery are great, the new ones with the skeleton as well as the sun rises are neat keep it up gang :)

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

MeltingIce

Quote from: Will on January 26, 2007, 08:20:44 PM
I would just like to say that all the work i've seen on the gallery are great, the new ones with the skeleton as well as the sun rises are neat keep it up gang :)

Regards,

Will
What Will said  :P  Excellent work everyone, looks like we are starting to get the hang of this program ;D

MeltingIce

It seems that the gallery is becoming a little too popular and my MySQL database can't take so many hits at once.  I'll see if theres anything I can do about it.

Dark Fire

Your gallery really is amazing...

Quote from: MeltingIce on February 07, 2007, 11:56:53 AM
It seems that the gallery is becoming a little too popular and my MySQL database can't take so many hits at once.  I'll see if theres anything I can do about it.
Perhaps you could stop using the MySQL database and swtich to a file-based database. I've always used a files to store data that would normally go in a database for several reasons:
1. It's easier to write to and read from files in PHP than to write to and read from MySQL.
2. It's easier to wipe out any spam that accumulates - all you have to do is delete the offending file(s).
3. Using the database requires more things to be working at the same time, and thus reduces the reliability of the website.

My blog is based on files containing the post and comment data, and it has always worked brilliantly!

MeltingIce

That is a good idea, except how would people be able to have a username so that they could identify each picture to be their own?

old_blaggard

When I write my gallery script, I'm going to have a gallery table that will store the data for the images (size, comments, user, etc) and have a PHP script dynamically generate the file and store the path in the table.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Dark Fire

Quote from: MeltingIce on February 07, 2007, 02:47:58 PM
That is a good idea, except how would people be able to have a username so that they could identify each picture to be their own?
I'm still working on the security problems posed by having a user system powered by a file-based database. There are a number of potential solutions, but I'm not yet sure which is best.

MeltingIce

What about just using .htaccess rules?