Atmosphere Panel height control help

Started by Kevin Kipper, August 16, 2008, 01:00:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin Kipper

Can someone please explain the Atmosphere Panel Height Controls to me or point me in the direction of some documentation.

I have a scene in which I'm trying to increase the vertical height or band of the horizon and can't seem to figure out how to do it. 

Thanks!

Kevin

cyphyr

err I must be missing something but why cant you just tilt your camera forward ... sorry no coffee yet so I'm probably just being dense.
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Kevin Kipper

Sorry, I realize I should have been more clear. 

Tilting the camera down would bring the horizon up, but that is not the problem.  The reason the horizon is at the bottom of the frame is so that I can have as much sky and clouds at the top of frame and I don't want to render any of the ground plane. 

What I really need to do is extend the brighter gradient that makes up the horizon higher in the frame.  Maybe not quite as much as I indicated in my image but at least double what it is now.  Sort of like if I brought the image into Photoshop and warped that part up the image up in frame.

I thought the Atmosphere > Height Controls panel would be the place to start but I could not see any changes in my test renders.

Thanks for your help.

Kevin

nvseal

You can increase the height of the atmosphere fog and atmosphere bluesky height in the atmosphere node. The fog height should work wor what you want though you will probably want to decrease fog density.