Feature Request: Camera Position Bookmark System (Post TG2 Gold Release)

Started by Cyber-Angel, August 19, 2008, 11:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber-Angel

What I'd like is a bookmark system for the camera that would allow the current camera position (Coordinates, Height above Ground etc.) to be remembered so that if something goes wrong you can get back to where you where. At this time there is (at least that I can see) not away of moving the camera back into position thus making things hard for the artist.

You could then "Revert to bookmarked Camera position" or some thing to that effect.

In addition a lock camera function could also be provided (Represented by a padlock) to guard against accidental camera position change, that could lead to the loss of hours of work (Saving often helps but only goes some way). Sorry if this has been requested before, I did a search and could not find any thing, so maybe it hasn't.

Regards to you.  ;D

Cyber-Angel     

RArcher

When you find a position you like, duplicate the camera node and name it saved camera 1 or something similar.  That solves both your problems.

jo

Hi,

I have thought of bookmarking and also something like a point of interest system where you can mark locations for later reference. However whenever I think about doing this I feel I'd have trouble making a case for it because you can just place a camera there. Managing multiple cameras is better in recent releases. I still think something like this could be good though.

A lock camera facility is not a bad idea, but it might be that all nodes should have a lock facility to avoid accidental changes, not just cameras. The beta will have undo support, so that will help to avoid the sort of catastrophic accidental change that you're talking about.

Regards,

Jo

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: jo on August 20, 2008, 07:29:56 PM
Hi,

I have thought of bookmarking and also something like a point of interest system where you can mark locations for later reference. However whenever I think about doing this I feel I'd have trouble making a case for it because you can just place a camera there. Managing multiple cameras is better in recent releases. I still think something like this could be good though.

Jo

That would be an interesting feature Jo, a point of interest system.

May I add that it also might be nice a sort of "notepad/blocnote" is available to write down interesting seednumbers, to-do's, etc.
I write all these kinds of things down on paper and you really don't want to know how messy my desk becomes ;D

Martin