Runtime error on render but the render continues, any tips to save the image?

Started by Superza, August 26, 2008, 09:19:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superza

Hi all, just to signal a  curious thing: while render a scene i got A runtime error (3 TIMES UNTIL NOW!) , but in this last i was looking that the render still proceed!
I was wondering, take the chance that the render ends, will  i be able to save it also with the runtime error?

The main problem is that if i click on "OK" button TGD will terminate, and obviously the main focus dont let me click on save button...
What do you think?
Best regards
Max

cyphyr

Have you checked in your Terragen temp folder?
It may be there
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Matt

I think it's unlikely that you would be able to get a successful render even if you allowed it to continue. One of the threads may have crashed.

The pre pass seems to be incomplete, so I guess the renderer got into trouble much earlier. How much memory is TG using (Mem usage + VM Size for the tgd.exe process in the task manager)?

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Superza

Quote from: Matt on August 26, 2008, 12:52:40 PM
I think it's unlikely that you would be able to get a successful render even if you allowed it to continue. One of the threads may have crashed.

The pre pass seems to be incomplete, so I guess the renderer got into trouble much earlier. How much memory is TG using (Mem usage + VM Size for the tgd.exe process in the task manager)?

Matt

Thank you all for the replies, Matt you are right, after a couple of hours the render stops as you can see, memory utilization while rendering was 1.1 gb (system has 2 gb of real memory + 2 swap).
Looks like to be a quality/resolution problem 1200*600@0.5 renders correctly.. everytime i try on 1600*800@0.9-1 i got the runtime error :(

Superza

[/quote]

Looks like to be a quality/resolution problem 1200*600@0.5 renders correctly.. everytime i try on 1600*800@0.9-1 i got the runtime error :(

[/quote]

I launch a new try @0.8 quality... let's see whats happen

Superza

Quote from: Superza on August 26, 2008, 01:25:18 PM

[/quote]

I launch a new try @0.8 quality... let's see whats happen
[/quote]

Same error with more information this time, i'll try to reduce subdv cache as suggested...

reck

Thats exactly what happened to me as well in one of my scenes. I have 4GB in my system and I was only rendering at 800x600 resolution.

http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=4490.0

I tried to render two or three times and always get a runtime error.

Superza

Quote from: Superza on August 27, 2008, 03:29:48 AM

Same error with more information this time, i'll try to reduce subdv cache as suggested...

Lowering subdv cache from 400 mb to 200 mb works fine for me; 1280*608@1 rendered successully :)
now i'll try 1600*760@1 to see if is the rigth workaround...
Thank you all !!
Best Regards
Max

Matt

If it's not inconvenient to do so, it's also good idea to restart your computer before doing any memory-intensive render.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Superza

Quote from: Superza on August 27, 2008, 03:29:48 AM

now i'll try 1600*760@1 to see if is the rigth workaround...

unsuccessfull :( i tried at least 10 times, also changing position.
The strange thing is that TGD renders also some surfaces under water before render water putting also vegetation under the limit i set fot its altitude.. this is so strange...
Best regards
Max