Is this a Gentlemans Club?

Started by dandelO, September 06, 2008, 09:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandelO

There do not seem to be any females on this forum at all. Koreckt mi iff Im' rong(;)) but, I don't think there are any TG2 girls here.

I was bordering on the idea that Mahnmut might be a girl, because you sign as Jan, which here in the UK, is a girls name. Oops, sorry! :-[  :D

I may be wrong, you might all be girls, and then I'm just an ignoramus!

BTW, I'm not trawling the boards looking for 3D cyber-rendering sex, I'm just curious... ... ... :o About the male/female ratio here, you dirty depraved Lawnmower men, not 3D cyber-rendering sex!  :D :D :D

cyphyr

Lol you may indeed be right. All I know is that all of my femail friends (including my beloved) say that they just would not have the patience to "TG" and a lot of the time cant see why I'm sitting infront of a screen tewaking numbers and watching another render that looks no differant than the last!
Maybe its a male mystery....
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Will

no no we have somebody here who studied it in a class, Jane something I forget the full name (sorry).
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

rcallicotte

Most technical groups have a few females, but mostly are white males (no offense...and I have no agenda).  It's just a weird fact.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

folder

the white male part is a true fact, being in IT for 15 years and a Unix and windows admin, I have very few black counter parts (and I live in a big city)

folder _

and when I comes to other interests ie origami(near to none

PG

Oddly enough, most women who take a career in IT can be found in the games industry. No clue why, but despite this they're still massively outnumbered by the number of guys in the industry and I think there are 15-20 quite big studios who have no women at all, not because they are opposed to hiring women but because there are none who apply who are qualified. This is an article on the 100 most influencial women in the games industry with a bit of backstory on each person. Sorry, but there are a few popups which should be blocked by your browser.
http://www.edge-online.com/features/game-industrys-100-most-influential-women
Figured out how to do clicky signatures