Object import

Started by Lex47, September 07, 2008, 06:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lex47

Hi there,

I import quite large .obj's. That is no problem. The problem I ran into is the amount of surface shaders that is available = 16. I get an error message going into 123. Is it correct to say that for each surface in the object a material is generated?
Is it possible to extent the amount of shaders to say 200? Or is it simply a matter of rearraging my objects, which can be done with object from Rhino but Daz3 figures are a challenge I think.

Any brilliant people araound with a solution.

Cheers
Lex47

cyphyr

You cant have more than 16 textures per object, thats the limit for the moment. If your using Poser models remember you may not need all of the textures used. For example you may not need all the eye or mouth textures. If you load your model into your modeller you should then be able to seperate it into several models each with nomore than 16 textures. If you put all the seperate models in the same place (exacxtl) then no one will ever know. Obviously the best way is to build your model your self creating your textures as you go with the view of rendering in Terragen itself.
Good luck
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)