Mountain Lake Storm Arriving (Final)

Started by RArcher, August 23, 2008, 01:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber-Angel

Lightning,

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the storks of real world nettles to dense to allow for back-lighting any way so there should be no translucency whatever on the storks?  The only thing on nettle storks that would allow back-lighting are the small hairs, that at the scale of this image I can not see weather or not you model has these or not and since I do not have Xfrog I cannot say weather it allows such hairs to be added.

Just a few things I've noticed about nettles over the years.

(Sorry to be off topic).

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel           

lightning

no if you shine a nettle stalk up to sunlight it is slightly translucent anyhow i used max to create these nettles i tend to stay away from xfrog when it comes to smaller plants because it does a pretty poor job of them :-\

zhotfire

Nice update... about the fish strikes: they are rather large and have too many rings. For the scale of the lake I would decrease their size by about 1/6 to 1/10 and reduce the number of ripples to only 1 or 2. When they strike, trout that is, it is usually only a single breach of the surface. HTH ;) :)

inkydigit

great update...I love everything here!

RArcher

Here is the final version, it is time for me to move on to something new.  I am pretty much entirely satisfied with how this has turned out.  I am sure that there are probably little tweaks here and there that I could add, but sometimes you just need to walk away.

Thanks to Lightning for the grass and some trees, Jcinbama for some trees, Klas for the grass and close up tree.

bigben

This is a great image.  Maybe something to keep in mind for the next project...  the only tweak I can suggest for this is the distribution of the rushes in the shallow water on the left. The spacing is a bit too wide and uniform... and coul possibly extend out of the water in some places.  The rest... clouds, lighting, plants, surfacing is fantastic.

MacGyver

Sir, I have to dub this photorealistic! ;D
My personal image of the week :D
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

nvseal

WOW! :o I don't know what to say about this. This is probably one, if not THE, best TG 2 image I've ever seen using foliage. Image of the week for sure.

j meyer

You have achieved a great result here,the plants especially
look very natural.Compliments.

Alf15000

Impressive ! It looks very realistic ! Nice work  :)

Oshyan

This is a really wonderful result! I would say personally I think there is a bit too much contrast, and an odd DoF-like effect that makes the foreground tree on the right look too sharp in contrast with the background mountains. But otherwise it is superb. Well done!

- Oshyan

choronr

rcallicotte

To quote Jim Carey in "Bruce Almighty", this is g-u-u-u-u-d.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?