Wee bug in rock object maker.

Started by Alfamike, September 27, 2008, 05:13:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfamike

Hello guys,

I am using TG2TP5 build 1.9.99.1 (windows version).

TG becomes un-responsive when I delete the value in the rock object maker diameter input box (i.e. box becomes empty) or when I have a zero in there.

In my case the rock is a member of a population.

This is a reproducable crash.

Not a big problem, but can cause work to be lost.

Bye.

AM.

Oshyan

Thanks for the report. The rock object is actually very underdeveloped and may ultimately be removed since it is not particularly useful in comparison to the more developed state of the Fake Stones shader for example. Imported rocks tend to be a better solution if true, individual rocks are needed.

- Oshyan

Alfamike

Thanks Oshyan.

I'm trying to put some rocks in a distinct geometrical shape, i.e. distribution. With fake stones the problem is that at the edges (the fuzzy zone) of the distribution you will get rocks that are cut off for some part or look funny. I am trying to get a whole number of rocks within my boundaries. I found that impossible to do using fake stones.

Placing single objects is still quite cumbersome, so I was left with the TG rock population.

AM.

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Alfamike

Quote from: calico on September 30, 2008, 08:51:38 AM
This person makes some really good rock objects (and inexpensive) - http://www.runtimedna.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=2513&Start=37&vendor=Traveler

Yep, he/she does and the site has some great gallery and other stuff. Thanks.

AM.

Matt

Thanks for reporting the bug. I've now fixed it.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

reck

Quote from: Alfamike on September 30, 2008, 06:08:31 AM
Thanks Oshyan.

I'm trying to put some rocks in a distinct geometrical shape, i.e. distribution. With fake stones the problem is that at the edges (the fuzzy zone) of the distribution you will get rocks that are cut off for some part or look funny. I am trying to get a whole number of rocks within my boundaries. I found that impossible to do using fake stones.

Placing single objects is still quite cumbersome, so I was left with the TG rock population.

AM.

Sounds like your going to really benefit for the next release. Not only is the rock object fixed but you will also be able to position better because of the painter feature  :)

Alfamike

Thanks, reck, looking forward to it.

AM.