tungurahua

Started by inkydigit, September 29, 2008, 06:44:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

rcallicotte

...and it's from space? 

cyphyr

Quote from: calico on September 29, 2008, 10:28:23 AM
...and it's from space? 

err ... dont think so :) not all of Nasa's stuff is from space :)
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

sonshine777

It's an extended shutter photo. I wish TG2 could do that. Great find. :)

rcallicotte

It has to be from space, if it's real.  The stars are showing - outer space.  Or what is it? 

Will

sweet, maybe tis just really clear there.
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

sonshine777

Quote from: sonshine777 on September 29, 2008, 01:44:20 PM

An extended shutter photo means that the camera shutter is held open for a longer amount of time, which allows more light to expose the film. This is why you see the stars and why the clouds and smoke look motion blurred.

mhall

It's referred to as 'long exposure': placing the camera on a support such as a tripod and leaving the shutter open for long time periods. You can actually see motion blur in the stars from the rotation of Earth, but only a little, meaning this exposure was probably in the ~1 minute range.

marginata

Inkydigit

Thanks for reminding me about APOD as it is a very interesting site. I recommend it to all forum members.

Have a look at the picture for 29 September 2008. which the experts here could try to TG if only TG was capable of caves

One of my favourite pictures is "A smoke angel from airplane flare" - dated 22-08-06

rcallicotte

Thanks.  I knew this, but it looked like something was done from outer space, so I thought it has another meaning. 

lol

Quote from: sonshine777 on September 29, 2008, 02:53:51 PM
Quote from: sonshine777 on September 29, 2008, 01:44:20 PM

An extended shutter photo means that the camera shutter is held open for a longer amount of time, which allows more light to expose the film. This is why you see the stars and why the clouds and smoke look motion blurred.