GeoControl2 Pre-Release available

Started by Confusoid, September 30, 2008, 07:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandelO

Downloading it now, it looks fantastic! Cheers, confusoid. :)

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Confusoid

Brilliant indeed. I can't emphasize enough of GeoControl's spectacular erosions and river tools.   :o

dandelO

Oh wow! It's great.
D/l'd it last night and the first thing I done was to get busy with the erosion filters on multiple different terrains, this is amazing! I have pulled some real rabbits out of the hat already, in the space of not even an hour's tinkering.

BTW, I can't find any documentation as to whether this is a free non-commercial edition (like TG2) or, a 30 day trial(likeGeoControl1), any ideas? I'm guessing it's the former as I'm not being told how many days left of my trial I have on startup.
If it is a free version, then this is THE tool for everyone to use for terrain sculpting, nothing comes close, at least nothing I've previously used. I do, however, still have to give WM2 a go, but I think I'll be stuck in GC2 land for quite some time yet...

Again, cheers for the notification, confusoid! I'm a happy bunny! :)

inkydigit

dl'd and using on my peecee at work :) ...looks amazing, exporting flow maps etc..awesome!!! agree with Dandel0 about the trial...this is the mutts nuts!!!

cyphyr

Copied from the GeoControle 2 Download page:

QuoteThe demo versions are limited to 31 day
They are fully function enabled.

Shame but there you go, price is not too bad.

Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

dandelO

In that case, I'm not ashamed to say I'll be exploiting the .ter exporter, severely, until my 30 days are up, or at least until I can afford registration, if that's before my 30 days. GC1 used to tell you how long the trial period had left on startup, I'm sure.
I just assumed that, as this one didn't, they might be taking a leaf out of PS's book. Wishfull thinking. Still, a fantastic trial though.
Cypher, yup, decent price too!