Climbing the Chimney

Started by RArcher, October 10, 2008, 12:15:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaisersuzuki

I agree those rocks look great!  I think the solution to what people have mentioned between the foreground rocks and backround would be to apply some depth of field simulation.  If you could slightly blur the clif face closest to the bush background I think it would help tie the two together.

Only problem I have know idea how to do that type of blurring in Terragen2.  I wish I could suggest a way for you.

FrankB

Congratulations, fantastic image! Image of the month for me.

Cheers,
Frank

RArcher

Thanks for the comments everyone.  Personally I love the mountain in the background as it contrasts nicely with the super details on the foreground.  From looking around at pictures online of some Grand Canyon areas, it really doesn't seem too far fetched a shape at all.

Mandrake

One of these days soon, I'm going to study your tgd's and read that tutorial!!! Always fun to investigate your landscapes, through the looking glass..

lightning

amazing render!!! the lighting is so realistic!

choronr

On the edge of reality ...fantastic!

Esgalachoir

Like I said before Archer, those rocks are something else.

rcallicotte

Congratulations on getting published, Ryan.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Tangled-Universe

Again congratulations Ryan :)

Awesome rockstructures and good use of DOF. I guess you had some inspiration from Martchi's work?
I don't understand why I missed this image some weeks ago by the way. I've been way too busy for Terragen last months but always kept an eye on the image gallery.
Whatever, am glad to see it here and being posted in 3DWorld!
I've tried it as well a couple of months ago but wasn't selected. I also think this one deserves it better.
Keep up the good work (and pace :p).

Martin

Volker Harun

Very (!) good work - amazing!

And of course it is pushing my imagination.

Saurav

Mammoth scene. The best of Tg2 for me so far.

schmeerlap

Beautifully sculpted rock cliff. I wouldn't have entitled this work "Climbing the Chimney" unless I actually had someone doing just that. A more accurate title might be "Chimney Climb".

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.