Climbing the Chimney

Started by RArcher, October 10, 2008, 12:15:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RArcher

I'm not sure why but this one just came together really easy.  Normally I struggle with creating decent rock faces, but I am enormously pleased with this entire image.  Started with a rough terrain from GeoControl 2 and then really worked the displacements.  Bushes are Moodflows bush pack which works really well in scenes of this type.  The slight background depth blur was created based off of a separate distance shader grayscale render.  My reasoning for adding it was to highlight the edge of the cliff walls as that was my main focus point for the image.

Thanks for taking a look and any comments or critiques you may have.

-Ryan

moodflow

This looks really sweet!  Nice work.   8)
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

old_blaggard

Really nice work with the vegetation and the cliff walls. The color choices are exceptional. My only complaint is about some of the background landforms - they look a little too straight and clean-cut to me.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

inkydigit

super scene....I like the pov especially, and the rock structures!

reck

This looks amazing, I think it's the light that makes it look so realistic. As others have mentioned I think the distant (not the middle) landform looks unnatural, especially compared to the ultra realistic foreground.

Good work.

PorcupineFloyd

Very good colour balance and POV.

monks

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

MacGyver

Great scene! I can almost see the cliff birds fly to their nest :)
You may admit now, that it's a photo :P
I can't distinguish the first bushes that are blurred (on the left) from reality... wow! Agreed though about the background, the mountain has two exactly parallel lines in it which, at least to me, look a bit too perfect.
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

dwilson

This is amazing and very realistic

RogueNZ

dandelO

I agree, one of the most realistic rockscapes I've seen in TG. Fantasticly done.
RArcher! Shhhhh! What's the shutter speed? ;)

matrix2003

What everyone else said!!  WOW! ::)
-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

gastar

current: AMD 4200+, 2 GB RAM, 500 GB, Geforce 7950 GX2
2010:    AMD Quadcore 3 Ghz, 4 GB RAM, more Space, ...
2015:    256 Core CPU, 16 GB RAM, more then 20 Terrabyte and a 64Bit Terragen Verison...