Spooky blue boxes +clip

Started by Mahnmut, October 12, 2008, 07:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

The pixelated water is due to fixed detail limitations in the raytracing of underwater areas that exists for performance optimization. In many cases the results of this are not detrimental to the scene, but sometimes, as in this case, it is a noticeable problem. This should be further tuned in the future.

- Oshyan

Mahnmut

child@play

sry mahnmut, just leeching again  ;D

cya guys
perfection is not when there's nothing more to add, it's reached when nothing more can be left out

Mahnmut

Nothing to be sorry about,
but I canĀ“t open it.
Is that my problem or is it the file?

Mohawk20

Can't open it either... must be the file.
Howgh!

child@play

yep, was corrupted, fixed it

cyas
perfection is not when there's nothing more to add, it's reached when nothing more can be left out

Mahnmut

Hmm, its been some years since I last used this (before the actual project.
I still think it could give nice surreal-realistic results if used right.
One main problem is, the pattern is not global, it works around 0/0/0, then gets highly distorted (see pic, sphere at 0/0/0
which results from the use of a "get position" node as input for the voronoi fractal.
I could not get any result at all using anything else as input, can anyone tell me what else could work there?
Thanks
J

Dune

Interesting. You could use a 'normal' voronoi shader and warp it by itself. Like this example. Lots of additions to make :o

Mahnmut

Thanks Dune!
thats indeed an improvement.
Though I did not get the special kind of weirdness i am aiming for, your simple setup seems to be much more aproachable to systematic change, while with my construct I always went after chance results, buiding layer after layer of corrections without really understanding why they did what they did. The effect of the "get position" that I understood just before yesterday seems to explain most of this erratic behavior.
Lets see where this leads.
Best Regards,
J