Camera within bounding box = incomplete render.

Started by gregsandor, October 17, 2008, 09:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gregsandor

Matt,
When rendering objects if the camera is within the bounding box they often don't render completely.

Oshyan

This sounds like a clipping plane issue. You're saying that when the camera is particularly close to an object, it may not render the object? What type of object(s) are you working with? I know that with trees (which have very sparse geometry compared to the size of their bounding box) you can easily get within the bounding box and render, for example, in the middle of a tree. So it is not likely a bounding box issue fundamentally. As I said it's probably a clipping issue. Some more details will help determine for certain.

- Oshyan

Matt

Thanks for the heads up, Greg. Is there anything you can email me to test directly?

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

gregsandor

gregsandor

Oshyan

No progress that I'm aware of as yet. But we'll work on this for a future update.

- Oshyan

Matt

Greg, would you be able to send me a project that exhibits the problem, along with any necessary objects? I can see the problem in your images, but I can't recreate a situation where it happens for me.

Matt

gregsandor

Matt,
Check your email, its on the way to you now.

Quote from: Matt on June 25, 2009, 06:57:39 AM
Greg, would you be able to send me a project that exhibits the problem, along with any necessary objects? I can see the problem in your images, but I can't recreate a situation where it happens for me.

Matt

Mandrake

Greg, my best guess is still that you have to many ngons (5 or more sided polys) in this model.
Did you model this bridge?
Because I or someone here, like Cyphyr, could probably fix it for you.
I've run into this a bunch of time with 3ds models.

Matt

Mandrake

Quote from: Matt on July 03, 2009, 05:10:22 AM
I've found the bug. Fixing it now!

Matt

Care to elaborate on what that was Matt, because I never could get that to happen.

Matt

Actually, in this case it seems to be a combination of 2 bugs... I haven't got this example to render properly yet. The first bug was in Terragen's LoD reduction for populations. But there's still a problem I haven't fixed yet. There's nothing wrong with the object because it renders OK in other situations.

Matt

rcallicotte

Matt, thanks for being so astute in your diligence to making Terragen become one of the best programs ever, as well as communicating so freely and so often with your customer base.  This sort of honorable behavior is missing among many developers.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Mandrake

Well I think I've finally run into Greg's problem here. I'm well inside the bounding box and the warehouse type crates on the right have tops but that's it.
I triple checked the poly's and export but they remain missing.
Side not to Oshyan, these two models total 725 meg, on win7 64 with 4 gig of ram